Our MSC Divina Yacht club review part 1

Zoey1

I just got back from the Divina on Saturday. We were in the Yacht Club. It was a fantastic experience and we loved Le Muse - so much we didn't even bother trying the specialty restaurants. Also, my husband loved the Formula 1 simulator. We, too, thought the entertainment was top notch. Both the lead male singer and lead female singer were amazing! Also, they have an incredible soprano opera singer - WOW! We loved being on a ship with live music everywhere in the evenings. This is how cruising should be!

I just got back from the Divina on Saturday. We were in the Yacht Club. It was a fantastic experience and we loved Le Muse - so much we didn't even bother trying the specialty restaurants. Also, my husband loved the Formula 1 simulator. We, too, thought the entertainment was top notch. Both the lead male singer and lead female singer were amazing! Also, they have an incredible soprano opera singer - WOW! We loved being on a ship with live music everywhere in the evenings. This is how cruising should be!
We did enjoy the music onboard, even the opera singers that surprised us both! It's a nice intro to Opera for those that aren't fans. Bob

Thanks everyone to all the reviews and insights.. We will be making out first MSC cruise this October. Having sailed on NCL and Princess in suits and the Haven, it appears our decision to book the YC was a wise one.

Thanks again.

We just got home after our first time on MSC cruise and I wanted to write a review while things were fairly fresh in my mind.

We have sailed on many many cruises on many different lines though lately we have mostly been on Celebrity, we always take a suite so it is easy to make comparisons.

We chose the only YC3 available which was 16008, after reading many negative reviews we were a bit skeptical but the price was SO much less than a suite on X that we figured, if we don't like it, we won't sail on MSC again, after all, how bad could a week on a cruise be.

First thank you to CC for many tips etc that proved so helpful so for those that have not seen this before, I want to pay it forward.

MSC has a wonderful loyalty match program, whereas if you have a higher loyalty with another cruise line, all you need to do is fill out a form online, showing proof of your loyalty with another brand and they will match it, in most cases, ELITE or above on Celebrity or Diamond and above on RCCL, qualifies you for MSC's black ( highest loyalty program) this gives you several extra perks, such as 2 complimentary speciality restaurants, some cocktails party's, 20% off the higher internet packages etc.

Okay, sorry to digress, first impressions on MSC were amazing, taxi pulled up to the white tent, they tagged our luggage and we waited with two other couples for a butler to bring us in, wait was less than 5 minutes. After introducing himself as the head butler we were whisked inside to the concierge lounge, offered a drink, and spoke with the Matre d from La Mise ( suite only specialty restaurant) to arrange what time we would prefer to dine,mhe 229206757walked us through registering a credit card and we were told our suite was ready so off we went.

The suites as others have noted are not as large as in other lines, but lovely and nicely appointed. Rigs are showing a little sign wear and tear ( not terrible but noticeable ) bathroom is quite small for a suite but really overall really lovely, nice balcony that goes the entire length of the cabin and bedroom.

Our room attendant was Rudy whom we might not have " seen" a lot but he kept the room immaculate and was very suite. Our butler was Putra....OMG, I can't say enough good things about him, he was like a quiet ninja appearing whenever we needed him without being intrusive and still kept us inform d about things around th ship.

We have had some wonderful butlers but Putra's service surpassed them all. Despite caring for 10 suites, he treated us as if we were his only clients. Service in general on MSC is truly amazing. There was only one gentleman who work d a lot in the concierge who seemed to not want to go much out of his way but everyone else was amazing.

Food, if you go out of the yacht club, everything seemed VERY different, very crowded and noisy. We went to the general buffet several times, the food was fair at best except for their pizza ( amazingly great, as good as Princess for Pizza) burgers and fries were pretty good, other than that the food did not even look appealing.

Now if you don't want to do La Muse from r a sit down lunch today r breakfast, choices are limited, yacht club pool area has a tiny little buffet, a couple of main entree type foods, pasta or rice, salad and some toppings,while food is good, choices are very limited, top sail lounge has a small buffet of tea type sandwiches, sweets etc..

Part two to come....

Do all the cabins in yc1 have balconies?

Thanks for your review. Did you have any problems getting deck chairs on the yacht club pool deck? Thanks

NEVER, one of our favorite things plenty of seats all the time!

We are diamond on RCCL and recently have cruised in GS, we sailed once before on MSC on a very old ship the Melody but enjoyed it and thinking about trying the YC, how is the entertainment and what kind of entertainment does MSC offer ? Thanks- great review

We are diamond on RCCL and recently have cruised in GS, we sailed once before on MSC on a very old ship the Melody but enjoyed it and thinking about trying the YC, how is the entertainment and what kind of entertainment does MSC offer ? Thanks- great review

We have sailed many times on RCCL, the only ship entertainment that I really cared for was on the Oasis and the Allure as a rule I do not enjoy shipboard entertainment but MSC was really pretty good. They have an AMAZING cast. The lead singer and two of the men were spectacular the other male also very good. Mostly review type, the first two nights and the last night were very enjoyable , I think a night or two was cirque type, all very good and if I a, able to sit through it it is high praise lol . The yacht club was really fabulous we will do it again for sure. Be sure to sign up for the loyalty match if you are Diamond on RCCL it will give you Black card status which gives you two complimentary speciality restaurants ( we loved Eataly steakhouse and Galaxy) and 20% off the higher prices internet packages .

We have sailed many times on RCCL, the only ship entertainment that I really cared for was on the Oasis and the Allure as a rule I do not enjoy shipboard entertainment but MSC was really pretty good. They have an AMAZING cast. The lead singer and two of the men were spectacular the other male also very good. Mostly review type, the first two nights and the last night were very enjoyable , I think a night or two was cirque type, all very good and if I a, able to sit through it it is high praise lol . The yacht club was really fabulous we will do it again for sure. Be sure to sign up for the loyalty match if you are Diamond on RCCL it will give you Black card status which gives you two complimentary speciality restaurants ( we loved Eataly steakhouse and Galaxy) and 20% off the higher prices internet packages .

Thanks, great to have a new option to try

Thanks for the information, my wife and I will be on the Divina in the YC next week for the first, really need a break! I'm been looking at the MSC web site and didn't see anything about a couples massage or couples spa treatments. Do you remember seeing anything like that? Thanks

Ed

Thank you for a great review so far! Just a few questions. So free drinks are in the YC area right? When they say access to the spa....they mean massages or just the area? The One Pool is only for YC members or just its blended with regular suites and Aurea benefits? Not much for pastas...but do they have steaks and lobster in LeMuse? Anything else would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information, my wife and I will be on the Divina in the YC next week for the first, really need a break! I'm been looking at the MSC web site and didn't see anything about a couples massage or couples spa treatments. Do you remember seeing anything like that? Thanks

Ed

We didn't use the spa but we did take a tour of it and I am pretty sure they did mention a couples massage.

Thank you for a great review so far! Just a few questions. So free drinks are in the YC area right? When they say access to the spa....they mean massages or just the area? The One Pool is only for YC members or just its blended with regular suites and Aurea benefits? Not much for pastas...but do they have steaks and lobster in LeMuse? Anything else would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drinks in the YC area are free , but if you go to any place outside the YC you need to pay for them. The YC has their own pool area just for those staying in the YC, THOSE IN AUREA suites cannot use YC pool or any area, you need a card to access the YC. LE MUSE on the 2nd formal night had cold water lobster tails that were amazing. They also had some kind of sliced beef, it was not filet if memory serves me, we only ate at Le Muse two or three nights, you can see the menu after 2 pm in their Conceirge type Lou GE in the YC . we had filet mignon at Galaxy which is a speciality restaurant it was great. If you have any questions please feel free to ask but other than what I wrote in my review, nothing else comes to mind.

The entertainment is fabulous.

Thanks everyone to all the reviews and insights.. We will be making out first MSC cruise this October. Having sailed on NCL and Princess in suits and the Haven, it appears our decision to book the YC was a wise one.

Thanks again.

You will love and you will save $$$$.

• 3 weeks later...

We miss the old ships of MSC, nothing elaborate but whAT A GREAT CRUISE

I just upgraded from an aft balcony to the Sophia Loren suite as a surprise for my husband. We are sailing in July. I feel like packing now! This will be our first cruise on MSC and our first suite.

I wonder who our butler will be?

I'm looking forward to hearing the opera singer, the peace and quiet, and dining at Le Muse.

I just upgraded from an aft balcony to the Sophia Loren suite as a surprise for my husband. We are sailing in July. I feel like packing now! This will be our first cruise on MSC and our first suite.

I wonder who our butler will be?

I'm looking forward to hearing the opera singer, the peace and quiet, and dining at Le Muse.

Congrats on snagging the Sophia Loren Suite. You will be spoiled no matter who your butler will be!! Enjoy!