Seattle/Vancouver hotels

Two 30 something females looking for inexpensive but reputable hotels in Seattle & Vancouver. Would like to be in downtown SEA or fairly close, if possible. Plan to take Amtrack to Vancouver - are taxis available at station? Any VAN hotel recommendations so sites would be walkable? Is luggage ok on Amtrack? Replies much appreciated.

Two 30 something females looking for inexpensive but reputable hotels in Seattle & Vancouver. Would like to be in downtown SEA or fairly close, if possible. Plan to take Amtrack to Vancouver - are taxis available at station? Any VAN hotel recommendations so sites would be walkable? Is luggage ok on Amtrack? Replies much appreciated.

Here is a link to a site that shows you hotels in different cities with prices.

Make sure you enter your dates.

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

There are many reputable hotels in Vancouver . Everything from the YWCA to 4Star+ hotels.

Plan to take Amtrack to Vancouver - are taxis available at station? Any VAN hotel recommendations so sites would be walkable? Is luggage ok on Amtrack? Replies much appreciated.
yes Amtrak welcomes luggage.

Vancouver has hundreds of hotels in the downtown core. It's a very compact core to walk around. If you share your departing cruise date, we can provide suggestions with availability.

Amtrak will take you to Pacific Central station just on the eastern edge of the downtown core of Vancouver. While you can grab a cab downtown (or wherever your hotel might be), you also have the option of taking the SkyTrain further downtown - just a couple of bucks and quite possibly within walking distance of most hotels from the four stations you'd stop at before the end of the line.

Depends on what you want to do in Vancouver. There are a lot of choices for downtown area to see Stanley Park, English Bay, etc. I recommend Robson Suites, Ramada Vancouver Ltd Downtown, Coast Hotel & Resorts.

If you like the Granville island, False Creek area, I would suggest the 910 Beach Ave Hotel. It will give you an apt. feel and is only a block from the False Creek ferry's that go to Granville Island, Science world, David Lamb Park (highend Yaletown).

My wife and I are also taking the train up from Seattle to Vancouver for our cruise. When I am in Vancouver, we're staying at the Ramanda on Granville. I've stayed there before. It's inexpensive, clean, and you can walk pretty much anywhere from there.

In Seattle, we're went through AirBNB. I've yet to find a truly inexpensive hotel in downtown Seattle, most reputable places are about $200 a night. However I have heard good things about Alexis Hotel. It's about 4-5 blocks south of Pike Place Market and about 3/4 of a mile from the Amtrak station.

I really like the Mayflower Park hotel in Seattle. If you call the hotel and book direct, you get a 5% discount. Very close to Pike's Market and also near the monorail. If you fly into SEA TAC, you can take the light rail to very close to the hotel.