CHEERS program question

Yoggi

Hello fellow cruises,

I am thinking about purchasing the newly enhanced CHEERS package on my next cruise, but have some concerns. Let's say you order a vodka and cranberry juice, but instead of 1 shot you want 2 or three ( stronger and under $50). I was told by a Carnival rep that each additional shot would count toward the 15 drink limit, thus your 1 drink containing 2 or three shots would count as 2 or 3 drinks.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? Maybe someone that was recently on a Carnival cruise and purchased the CHEERS package and attempted to get a stronger drink?

Thank in advance!!!

JD

Adding extra shots would count as multiple drinks. A drink being defined as 50ml liquor with mixer. Each set a 50ml would be considered an extra drink. They way you get your moneys worth is for asking for a shot of Belvedere as opposed to Absolut.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be an option for you also if your trying to get the most alcohol value from your cheers package. May will be my 4th time using the cheers package,1st under the new "enhanced CHEERS" but if you look at the drink menus some of the specialty drinks of the day or specialty drinks for specific bars are double shot drinks, and since they are listed that way that double drink would still only count as one of your 15 per day drinks. For example last year on the Sunshine in the sports bar they had a drink that was just a jack and coke, but it was a double shot of jack(it had a sports theme name but i can't remember it). Only counted as one of our drinks. We then just asked bartenders at the different bars and some of them had a drink like this and some didn't.

I had ordered a pina colada under the new program. I wasn't satisfied so I asked for an extra shot of Jack and I was charged. I used half the shot and gave the other half to another girl waiting at the bar. My drink was fixed though. And I never came close to 15. My highest count was 8 on a sea day.

I know the self serve beer spot is not covered under CHEERS, but just curious, if you had CHEERS and you used that, would it count toward the 15 limit? Or if you met the 15 limit, could you use that? I know that if you meet the 15 limit, they will not serve you anymore alcohol, just wondering..

I know the self serve beer spot is not covered under CHEERS, but just curious, if you had CHEERS and you used that, would it count toward the 15 limit? Or if you met the 15 limit, could you use that? I know that if you meet the 15 limit, they will not serve you anymore alcohol, just wondering..

Okay so I may be wrong on this but I believe that I read somewhere that if you go over the 15 drink limit on the cheers program all additional drinks are at regular bar prices. While they do have the right to cut you off at any point, in a 24 hour period a person drinking just beer spaced out wouldn't necessarily be drunk so they wouldn't need to be cut off.

Again I may be wrong and would appreciate someone with first hand knowledge to answer.

This is from the restriction list for CHEERS!

Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

This is from the restriction list for CHEERS!

Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

this ^

Edited by hftmrock

Okay so I may be wrong on this but I believe that I read somewhere that if you go over the 15 drink limit on the cheers program all additional drinks are at regular bar prices. While they do have the right to cut you off at any point, in a 24 hour period a person drinking just beer spaced out wouldn't necessarily be drunk so they wouldn't need to be cut off.

Again I may be wrong and would appreciate someone with first hand knowledge to answer.

You are wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This is not accurate.

I have been curious about this as well. If after say 4 drinks on Cheers, you decide to purchase a tube or some other drink that is not covered, does that still count towards your 15 drink limit? I know that you are unable to purchase more AFTER you have had 15, but what if you did so somewhere in the middle?

In my experience, cash tips go a long way towards getting you better drinks... Magically, your one shot pour becomes two or more shots... YMMV

This.

I generally make friends with a handful of bartenders on day one and tip an extra $1 per drink with Cheers. I find I get very generous pours.

I have been curious about this as well. If after say 4 drinks on Cheers, you decide to purchase a tube or some other drink that is not covered, does that still count towards your 15 drink limit? I know that you are unable to purchase more AFTER you have had 15, but what if you did so somewhere in the middle?

you are unable to purchase any for yourself if you have Cheers.

On one of our cruises I had been having drinks all day with some friends and I had been drinking very slowly throughout the day. BEfore going to bed for the night I tried getting a nightcap - I was told I had reached my limit fof 15 drinks and was not allowed to get another - even if I offered to pay for it. This taught me the lesson to not spend the day buying drinks for friends

On one of our cruises I had been having drinks all day with some friends and I had been drinking very slowly throughout the day. BEfore going to bed for the night I tried getting a nightcap - I was told I had reached my limit fof 15 drinks and was not allowed to get another - even if I offered to pay for it. This taught me the lesson to not spend the day buying drinks for friends

Buying drinks for friends does not count towards your 15. When you personally get there it is a hard count and you are done.

if you want to buy drinks for friends, you can do that for cheers. the first drink will be charged to your cheers count and you can pay for your friends drinks.

if you are giving your friends your drinks on cheers, that is against the rules

maybe I misunderstood what you are saying but it sounds like you are giving your cheers drinks to friends and ran out

if you want to buy drinks for friends, you can do that for cheers. the first drink will be charged to your cheers count and you can pay for your friends drinks.

if you are giving your friends your drinks on cheers, that is against the rules

maybe I misunderstood what you are saying but it sounds like you are giving your cheers drinks to friends and ran out

The cheers program has had its rules tweaked since its introduction - At the time I was talking about ALL drinks bought where part of your program - it was not possible to buy any drinks without them being counted towards your limit of 15 drinks in 24 hours - you were able to get a drink for a friend but it counted towards your total. This was not against the rules in place at the time. It would be a violation of today's rules. The rules have changed now and it is now possible to charge drinks to your S&S account - this was not possible back when I first got the cheers package.