Bringing liquor onboard

lambcom

My wife and I have experienced, HAL, Celebrity and Crystal and are contemplating our first cruise on Oceania. What we can't seem to find out from the brochures or this part of CC is Oceania's policy on bringing liquor on board with you for consumption in your cabin or on your veranda.

Is it like the mass market lines where liquor found in suitcases is confiscated? Or is there a limited of X number of bottles allowed per cabin or person? This isn't a deal breaker, but we really enjoy a drink of scotch on the veranda before dinner.

George +

Edited by lambcom

Somewhere in the "rules" you will see that you are limited to 3 bottles.

Not true! At least we've never seen that one enforced, and many of us (not me personally) have brought on a case or more. If you bring on wine and want to consume it in a restaurant, there will be a corkage fee. But if you consume it in your room, there is no problem at all.

Mura

My wife and I have experienced, HAL, Celebrity and Crystal and are contemplating our first cruise on Oceania. What we can't seem to find out from the brochures or this part of CC is Oceania's policy on bringing liquor on board with you for consumption in your cabin or on your veranda.

Is it like the mass market lines where liquor found in suitcases is confiscated? Or is there a limited of X number of bottles allowed per cabin or person? This isn't a deal breaker, but we really enjoy a drink of scotch on the veranda before dinner.

George +

This is one of the main reasons we like Oceana .Most other cruise lines we've been on are pretty clear about it .If you want to drink , your going to pay our prices .I would love to be of the means that I could just order whatever I want , and pay the bill . We have to be able to cut down on drink charges to some extent .As far as I remember , we have not had a problem smuggling a moderate amount of bourbon and vodka along with 5 or 6 bottles of wine . And because Oceana includes non alcohol beverages , you can get most mixers like tonic , soda , or even OJ for your drinks in the cabin , at no additional charge . Just ask for it at the bar on your way to your room . Also , I have been on Princess cruises where , at the pool ,you are asked every 5 to 10 minutes all day long , if you want a drink . It gets annoying . On Oceana , there is minimal drink waiters patrolling . And if you want them to keep it coming , just say so . An occasional tip ( I like to slip a couple greenbacks ) , will have your sever taking excellent care of you throughout your cruise .:eek::p:eek::p:rolleyes:

Edited by iamkingofall
I need a drink

Now that you have discovered the benifits of just bringing on booze, of all sorts. Thats just the tip of the iceberg....You will discover that there is a whole lot more cool things on Oceania ....its like night and day different than HAL and Cleb..... You have no idea....how much better

You might consider the option of their Prem drinks package... its unlimited and all top shelf stuff, Grey Goose, Hendricks, ...want doubles... no problem. want triples...no big deal... cost is about $60 pp If you take the House drinks package as a benefit you can upgrade for $20 a day to the premium.

Why lug a half dozen bottles around... Get the package and up grade. and be a kid in candy store. And Ill bet the cost will be less than you could buy your own and bring it on.....seriously.