Reflection Concierge

Gracie115

Does anyone know why they would have 315 and 316 area codes? 315 is in upstate New York and 316 is in Wichita. The same people calling are also showing up in the port in Miami when there are issues?

I know they have a call center in Kansas. Do t know about the NY number though

Does anyone know why they would have 315 and 316 area codes? 315 is in upstate New York and 316 is in Wichita. The same people calling are also showing up in the port in Miami when there are issues?

Surely in the USA calls are routed through different exchanges as they are in the UK. Having spoken to a number of the shore-side concierges they are based in Miami.

Surely in the USA calls are routed through different exchanges as they are in the UK. Having spoken to a number of the shore-side concierges they are based in Miami.

As far as I know, most calls are routed through the exchange in which they're based. That is becoming less of an issue as you're allowed to take your number with you when you change providers, but the localities all still have an area code that is geographically unique and businesses have a local area code based on where they're located. A business in DC has a 202 phone number, one in NYC has a 212, etc. So unless these concierges are using their personal cell phones, then I don't understand why the call would be coming from upstate NY unless 1) they're in upstate NY or 2) the phones they're using were at one point used in upstate NY. Odd is all.

As far as I know, most calls are routed through the exchange in which they're based. That is becoming less of an issue as you're allowed to take your number with you when you change providers, but the localities all still have an area code that is geographically unique and businesses have a local area code based on where they're located. A business in DC has a 202 phone number, one in NYC has a 212, etc. So unless these concierges are using their personal cell phones, then I don't understand why the call would be coming from upstate NY unless 1) they're in upstate NY or 2) the phones they're using were at one point used in upstate NY. Odd is all.

So you are saying that if, for example, a company outsources its call centre overseas, customers have to make an international call and, if they call you, your caller display shows an international call?

So you are saying that if, for example, a company outsources its call centre overseas, customers have to make an international call and, if they call you, your caller display shows an international call?

Not what I am saying and sorry for the confusion if you don't understand. These employees are supposedly in Miami, FL, if they're able to be at the pier for embarkation. A telephone call from the headquarters there would come from a 305 or 786 area code if they're calling from a desk at the headquarters building. It is odd to me that they would be calling from and taking calls at a number with a different area code. That's why I asked the question as to if anyone knew the reason why. It's really not that important.

At the moment there are two on the Silhouette as well but one has just started a couple of cruises ago. They also pulled in extra bar staff when it was busy to help out.

On the Eclipse there is still only one concierge but the amount of work is far too much for one person now. They also struggle with the bar on the Eclipse at busy times - there seems to be a reluctance to ask for help at the moment on the Eclipse.

Anca is training another person. Believe me, she doesn't need anyone's help.

If all cruise personnel were like her, it would be a better world