Can you make dining reservations and then cancel without charge?

DocMomma13

I am wondering if I can make reservations for dinner but if we decide to not eat then/there are we still charged for the specialty dining fee?

Yes, you will be charged if you don't cancel within 24 hours-that's how it was last fall.

That said- when we had the concierge re-schedule for us we were not charged. We switched from a Tuesday to a Wednesday on Tuesday morning.

I presume you are referring to the Specialty Restaurants. You are able to make booking from about 90 days out. If you want to cancel before sailing you will have to phone NCL to do it. If you do it on board then the requirement is that you do it 24 hours before the booking. If you don't they are able to either make a charge or just use up one of your "free" meals.

In practice, I have never heard of anyone ever being penalized in any way for a late cancellation, or even for no-showing. Who would they penalize, anyway, since they usually only have one person's name, the person who made the reservation.

But even if there is in fact no penalty, people should do the right thing anyway and honor their reservations, or cancel them as far in advance as they can.