2 night cruise

delondin

Did 3 last year and all mine were the first night but it seems the recent travellers have been saying theirs was the second night. Perhaps they have changed it or perhaps it depends on time of year?

I have over the last couple of years on 2 night cruises experienced the formal night on both the first and second night.

I was told that P&O tended to put the formal night on the first night now so you could be casual on the second night and not be worried about putting out luggage, etc, but I have found a lot of people dress up on both nights on the short cruises and also do not put luggage out as most people take on and take off their own luggage on short cruises.

Thanks everyone. I imagine most people carry their own luggage on and off for 2 nights.

This is true, a large proportion of people do this on P&O two night cruises. If it is in the least bit inconvenient I suggest leaving everything in suitcases except what you need in the morning outside your cabin last night. The scheduled disembarkation slots get disregarded by the cruise line in the morning eventually because too few people put cases out. Therefore you disembark a lot earlier than your allotted slot. Last time I went half way though the schedule they suddenly announced that everybody could now disembark, presumably because all cases were landed and sorted.

I normally wander off carrying nothing; locate a porter then tell him what deck I was on, he finds the relevant pile of cases and I point them out while he loads them onto his trolley.

It's the easiest way I have found so far.

Regards John

Edited by john watson