Privacy curtain above sofa bed

sharkaymon

Has anyone tried hanging a privacy curtain above the sofa? We will be in an OS on Carnival Legend. I believe there is a pull down bunk above the sofa. Has anyone tried hanging a privacy curtain from that area for the person sleeping on the sofa?

I remember reading a review and seeing the pictures, they used the metal/magnet hooks, put them on the ceiling and then hung a curtain from them around the sofabed or crib ... something like that!

Sorry, wish I could remember where I saw it, but I've read so many reviews... if it comes back to me, I'll let you know.

I knew I had seen one previously and just co-incidentally, I'm reading a review on the NCL board by a cruiser that also sails Carnival and she's the one that did it ... she reviews her cruises as her son, it's very entertaining.

Anyway, here's a link to the review with pictures as to what she did to her sons crib. It's near the bottom of the review and around a crib, but could easily be adapted to go around the sofabed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2140134

Edited by aztekpm

I read it about how to do it here on one of these reviews, too. The Mom wanted her toddler to get some shut eye and used magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to make the portable crib enclosed. It would work well as a privacy curtain near the sofa, too. Another reviewer mentioned those magnetic clips ppl use on the refrigerator at home as being useful to hang daily paperwork, extra towels and damp clothes and etc. I plan on taking a "cruise only" trip to my local Dollar Store(s) before my next cruise!!

Here is one I found using the forum search function

H was supposed to post a photo of his "special bed" so other parents could see how this was set up. He says he "accidentally" left it out. Anyway, here's a photo. It cost about $20 total for the magnetic hooks (I just searched for "magnetic hooks" on amazon and bought the cheapest ones) and shower certain. It would have been much, much harder to share a room without this.

specialbed_zps218ea253.jpg

The Bad

“Special bed.” When I walked into our stateroom there was one big bed in the middle of the room and a smaller bed along the wall. I figured, great, mine must be the big one and mom and grandma will share the smaller one. Then mom asked Randy to separate the big bed into two smaller ones and requested a crib from guest services. I started getting a little nervous at this point. It gets worse, people. Before I could even unpack my “Handy Manny” suitcase, mom starts rigging up some medieval torture device with magnetic hooks on the ceiling attached to a shower curtain. She called it my “special bed.” Special my ***. I couldn’t see anything, so the only thing to do in there was SLEEP. I feel like there must be some sort of training camp at the hospital where new moms learn about how to make our lives miserable. In this case it was another evil mom on CC who gave mine the idea.

**This is H’s mom. Mind if I interrupt for a second? H and I disagree on where to file this one. I’d put it under “BEST EVER.” Thank you to the genius mom who first thought of this. Back to your regularly scheduled review.**

I plan on taking a "cruise only" trip to my local Dollar Store(s) before my next cruise!!

I have a stash of $ store items I've bought over the years for cruising. Pop up hampers, drawstring string bags to carry towels and change of clothes on excursions (sand doesn't accumulate), small magnetic box things (office supply) to stick to the wall by the bed to hold my glasses, post its to leave notes for my family/friends on the mirror, that kind of thing.

I knew I had seen one previously and just co-incidentally, I'm reading a review on the NCL board by a cruiser that also sails Carnival and she's the one that did it ... she reviews her cruises as her son, it's very entertaining.

Anyway, here's a link to the review with pictures as to what she did to her sons crib. It's near the bottom of the review and around a crib, but could easily be adapted to go around the sofabed.

Clever! Wonder if she took it down everyday?

I love ProfCruise reviews! I tried the curtain thing on Victory and I failed miserably though. So maybe it doesnt work for every ship! But its worth a try.

I wish I knew about this when traveling with our kids when they were younger.

I am wondering for our upcoming cruise - if I hung a curtain across where the area the closets are to separate from the rest of the cabin. When sharing a cabin with four it would be nice to have a place to change that offers some privacy. The bathroom is tiny, you have to remember to bring each article of clothing in there with you, and I hate getting dressed in a bathroom when it is all steamy and hot.

That would work on the Magic wouldn't it?

We tried this once. Took magnetic hooks and a thin shower curtain that I paid just a couple bucks for. It didn't work. First the upper bed overhangs the king bed by a good 12 inches. In fact my husband kept whacking his head on it. And the hooks weren't strong enough. Even tho the curtain was thin and light it would fall down. Hope you have better luck.

We tried this once. Took magnetic hooks and a thin shower curtain that I paid just a couple bucks for. It didn't work. First the upper bed overhangs the king bed by a good 12 inches. In fact my husband kept whacking his head on it. And the hooks weren't strong enough. Even tho the curtain was thin and light it would fall down. Hope you have better luck.

That must be a different cabin layout. Our upper pullman was above the sofa on the Conquest and it appears is the same in our cabin booked on the Magic.

I hope.