Considering msc and have questions

bcirish

Considering MSC out of Florida but have no experience with this cruise line. Have sailed HAL, RCCL, and Celebrity extensively. msc is most comparable to which of these?

Which package should I do?

Do outside all have portholes or Windows?

How big are the balconies?

How is the food?

If I like to drink what are best options?

Are there things to avoid?

Am I asking the my questions on the right forum?

Is the two for one special normal or special?

Thanks for your help any and all.

Give it a shot. My third on the Divina in Apr. Have been on the Poesia and Opera. Be open minded. If you want traditional RCCL - standard fare, I would say no. If you want Euroinfluence and wonderful shows and music, I say go for it. Food is subjective. Personally I have cruised many lines and it is a wonderful holiday for me.

I would recommend doing your research. Make sure that the cruise you are looking to book is not partially booked by a large group. I went on Divina earlier this year and 1/2 the ship was a charter. This greatly effected the drink packages (all-inclusive alcohol package became unavailable to purchase by 3pm), the food quality, service and the overall happiness of a lot of people on board.

One example: on a 4 nighter, the first day the entire buffet was open with lots of great choices- made everyone excited with anticipation of the culinary goodies we had to look forward to. After the first day, only a small portion of the buffet was open serving very basic foods (pizza, burgers, hotdogs, fruit)- nothing like we saw on the first day.

I am convinced this was due to the 1/2 chartered ship.

The ship was stunning though. Just do your research to be sure that you are on a non-chartered cruise (unless that is the reason you are going- lol) so that you will not have a cruise that is sub par.

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one who has had a sub par cruise on a ship that was 50+% occupied by a charter. Never again if I can help it! :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

Will MSC tell you if it is chartered, because the line I was on would not tell us. How does one find out if it is a charter???

Thanks

Will MSC tell you if it is chartered, because the line I was on would not tell us. How does one find out if it is a charter???

Thanks

From what I understand, the folks on our cruise were not told by MSC that it was a charter. Many stated that even their travel agents were not aware of this. Some knew from the CC roll call.

Thanks

You can search for charter cruises at theme cruise finder dot com. You can do the advanced search option and put Divina as the keyword and it will show what charters are currently booked (currently showing one for 10/22/16 and one on 12/6/16). I'm not sure how accurate it is or how often it is updated, as I found it in another cc member's post. Hope this helps!

Alicia

You can search for charter cruises at theme cruise finder dot com. You can do the advanced search option and put Divina as the keyword and it will show what charters are currently booked (currently showing one for 10/22/16 and one on 12/6/16). I'm not sure how accurate it is or how often it is updated, as I found it in another cc member's post. Hope this helps!

Alicia

Thanks Alicia, i'll try it!!!!

I couldn't get it to do that, but a complete google doesn't show anything in June for Divina. Here's hoping it's theme cruise free!!!!!

Alicia

I'm going on the 12-6-2016 cruise it's 10 nights and yes I found out from the roll call it's a jazz theme. Not sure how many are part of this group. I liked the itinerary and there are not that many Divina 10 nighters. I'm not to concerned as its Jazz. I'm also not concerned because I'm in the YC. Then again I guess I'll have to see once I get on the ship and the cruise actually starts.

From my understanding they will have shows in 1 or 2 venues just for the participants in evening so those will be off limits for non Jazz cruisers.

I am pretty sure there is a jazz themed cruise in June around the 12th as Alicia has posted .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's in December 12/6, not June. But i'll double check!

Thanks!

Sorry my mistake I assumed the date was written the English way not the American way. And I should have realised as its my wedding anniversary (got married in New York not in the UK so get muddled when writing the date!)

Sorry my mistake I assumed the date was written the English way not the American way. And I should have realised as its my wedding anniversary (got married in New York not in the UK so get muddled when writing the date!)

Are you from the UK? My whole family live in Bristol and W Sussex!

No worries I often muddle things!

We are from Yorkshire. We have family in Tarpon Springs Florida who we get to visit annually and family friend in California who we also are lucky to be able to visit annually. We seem to spend all of our vacations stateside!

We are from Yorkshire. We have family in Tarpon Springs Florida who we get to visit annually and family friend in California who we also are lucky to be able to visit annually. We seem to spend all of our vacations stateside!

So does my family and we have our favourite foods we bring each other!! I always ask for PG Tips and cadbury's among other things!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alicia

OMG thanks so much. I thought I'd be safe with a Christmas departure but went to this site and put in a cruise I was looking at, Fantasia Dec 24th 2016 and guess what.... Singles New Year Cruise. Planning on family Christmas break so I think not!

as usual CC comes up trumps