Uber to/from Port?

Maddysdaddy

Hi all.

Coming from a city where Uber is not yet running (ongoing bun fight between the company and the city regarding licensing and insurance), but have downloaded the app for when we are in Miami.

Are there any issues using an Uber to get to Port and then from the Port to the airport after disembarkation? I only ask because I know that some cities have banned Uber's from airports. If it's going to be a problem, then I'll just use a cab.

Thanks.

Hi all.

Coming from a city where Uber is not yet running (ongoing bun fight between the company and the city regarding licensing and insurance), but have downloaded the app for when we are in Miami.

Are there any issues using an Uber to get to Port and then from the Port to the airport after disembarkation? I only ask because I know that some cities have banned Uber's from airports. If it's going to be a problem, then I'll just use a cab.

Thanks.

No problem at all just off the escape couple weeks ago we used uber to and from the port as well as to and from the airport. I believe from Miami beach I eat was around $6-7 and to and from airport was about $10-12

I can answer half of your question regarding MIA airport drop off. We used UBER two weeks ago getting off the Silhouette in FLL. Our flight was out of MIA. It was suppose to be a 75 dollar cab ride so we tried UBER. They had no issue picking us up from FLL cruiseport and taking us to the airport (MIA) (38 bucks). They pick up and drop off both times from the private car areas which are right next to the taxi areas. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Good luck, not sure about pickup at the Miami cruiseport. THere should be no issue though. I can see why cab companies hate them.

Hi all.

Thanks.

It's really easy. The only problematic part is getting an Uber at the port when you disembark. The pickup and drop off areas are not separated so you have a lot of passengers coming and going and a lot of traffic. It's hard to find your car and for your driver to find you, but it was not enough of an issue that it would discourage me from doing it again next time.

Sorry that I don't have information from the airport to the port. However, from the Port of Miami, to Miami Int'l, the pick-up was rather easy. Just look for the letters on the posts in the pick up area and provide that to the driver (they will probably call or text you once they get in to the port area) If you can walk to a far end of the pick up area, it's probably a bit easier for them to find you. They will also contact you with a description of their car so you can watch for them. Prices on rides will vary, depending on other events happening during that time. Our charge was about $27.00.

We used Uber from Doral hotel to Port of Miami and back. Love Uber! I had a problem one time at POM when the Uber app didn't have my location correct...this last time I wrote in my address as Port of Miami and the driver texted me asking where I was and I told him and described what we looked like. Extremely easy! The driver said from Miami they go up to Orlando/Port Canaveral and down to Key West.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app