Zuiderdam deck 8 info needed ASAP, please

piper

HAs anyone been in an SY suite on Deck 8 under the Lido deck, specifically the pool area? Concerned about the noise level early in the morning when they wash the deck and move all of the chairs.

Thanks!

It's not impossible to experience noise, but a lot of it also depends on how heavy (or not) you sleep.

Under the Lido Restaurant is ideal since it's all carpeted where the chairs are.

Edited by InTheWASide

We were in 8070 a few years ago (it's under the Lido Restaurant, just inside the door to the restaurant) and we would occasionally hear a cart being rolled along but not often and it wasn't an issue. I know you're asking about under the pool area so maybe some others have had cabins in that area, further forward than where we stayed.

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, below the restaurant is not an option as there are no cabins available

Closer to the outer edges of the pool (forward or aft) would be better if available since chairs aren't as common on the ends of the pool compared to the sides.

Or, depending on availability for your sailing and the price difference, what about going to deck 6 and doing the cat SS rooms?

On the Westerdam (which will be the same on the Zuiderdam) we booked a guaranteed veranda and ended up with what was a VA8132 on that cruise in 2013. Now that same cabin is considered VF8132 and I know why it's been changed. This room is right below the Lido Pool and early every morning and late every evening we could hear them moving the chairs to clean the deck. It was a little annoying. If there is an activity going on late you will hear that too. Getting this cabin is the reason we no longer book guaranteed. If there isn't to much cost difference, I think I'd go for the Deck 6.

Utahtea

On the Westerdam (which will be the same on the Zuiderdam) we booked a guaranteed veranda and ended up with what was a VA8132 on that cruise in 2013. Now that same cabin is considered VF8132 and I know why it's been changed. This room is right below the Lido Pool and early every morning and late every evening we could hear them moving the chairs to clean the deck. It was a little annoying. If there is an activity going on late you will hear that too. Getting this cabin is the reason we no longer book guaranteed. If there isn't to much cost difference, I think I'd go for the Deck 6.

Utahtea

Actually, 8132 is in the aft of deck 8, below the Sea View pool not the Lido Pool. Regardless, your point about moving of chairs and other equipment may also well apply to the cabins below Lido pool much further forward.

Thanks for the thoughts on the outside edges. Moving to deck 6 is an option for more money but we are considering it.

If you are that concerned then I would go with the deck 6 cabin unless the cost is prohibitive.

Actually, 8132 is in the aft of deck 8, below the Sea View pool not the Lido Pool. Regardless, your point about moving of chairs and other equipment may also well apply to the cabins below Lido pool much further forward.

You are correct! I meant to say the Sea View Pool. It's been to long since I've been on a DAM ship! ;)

Different pools but I would imagine the same problems. One problem we had that the suites won't have is when we were on the balcony at the rail there would be people above us holding glasses filled with drinks right above our heads and we feared someone would drop one on us like a bomb!

Utahtea