Signature drink package?

beckstarbaby

Do people generally purchase the signature drink package? We're just wondering if it's worth the extra money!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which cruise line are you referring to?

Do people generally purchase the signature drink package? We're just wondering if it's worth the extra money!

Assuming you are referring to Holland America, I would ask this question on the their forum, where the HAL experts are conversing:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Edited by clarea

Totally agree with Keith - how much you drink and how much you will drink *on board*. If you are spending a large amount of time off the ship and are not big drinkers - definitely not. If you are staying on board a decent amount of the cruise and are medium to heavy drinkers - it just may be.

My last cruise we got the drink package because we had a good amount of OBC (on board credit) to offset the cost, was only getting off the ship in two ports, and they had a specialty bar that we just could not resist trying everything - totally worth it. (7 day cruise)

Upcoming cruise, we are only on ship 2 entire days, have excursions planned in all 4 ports, and no specialty bars. So we have taken Carnival's option to have a bottle of rum delivered to the room ($85 - large bottle), bring our carry on sodas for mixers, and then purchase by the drink for anything else we desire.