Help

middy

Just received an e-mail saying that my Esta has been cancelled due to not having an E-passport. ( Was fine for cruise in November, can't understand why they cancelled it now) From the description of an e-passport, I have one and my husbands passport was issued on the same day but his esta is still active. Does anyone have an idea how to sort this, have left a message on esta site but when I entered it a message came up saying that they were busy and were taking upto 3 weeks to reply.:eek: Any one know of a telephone number for them. Tried one that was given but was automated as closed at time but mentioned that they would not answer questions like mine.

Any ideas anyone as travelling next month.

The OP's Esta entitlement is nothing to do with the cruise line. She will have to sort this out with the US authorities. OP, you've obviously had the Esta for some time. When you applied, did you have the same passport as you have now? Just wondering whether your Esta records have an old non-e passport number on them.

Cruised with current ESTA in November. Problem seems to be that the biometric passports were introduced gradually not all offices issuing them until the October, Mine was issued from an office that had them first so is biometric but issued before the October. Think they may be targetting those before the October irrelevant of whether they are correct or not. Funny that husbands is ok as identical to mine and issued on the same day. Might cancel his tomorrow. :)

Think my best bet is to renew both our passports and estas. Have seen posts on several sites on internet, one person has to phone back later to day to homeland security so might get some answers there. I tried earlier but the phone number I had was an answer machine as office closed and implied that they could not deal with enquires like mine. Would be nice if they backpeddled for those of us with the right passports not likely though. Gonna cost a bit to renew as can't count on passport coming back quickly if there are a lot of us out there. So will have to make an appointment and get a quick one, extra money, then will have to renew estas more money again :(

Just been on telephone to passport office, nice man on there told me how much it was for 1 day passport :eek: was about to pay and as we were chatting he realised the problem and said I'll be back in minute, returned to take all my information and said that this had only occured today and they were going to investigate to phone again next week. Will still have a few weeks if they are unsuccessful in getting my esta back. Though might save me quite a few pounds. Did say would be helpful to phone embassy.

Sorted.:D

They say Glitch in system, someone posted this number on another site 0012023443710 Border control washington. where they sorted me out in a few minutes..:D

Edited by middy

Sorted.:D

They say Glitch in system, someone posted this number on another site 0012023443710 Border control washington. where they sorted me out in a few minutes..:D

Glad it worked out for you.:)