Ugh any solution to this - family split between 2 cabins & 2 decks right now!

NJsharon

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think "guarantee balconies" who are assigned a spa cabin get access to the spa. It's just for the cabin and the toiletries. They still need to buy a spa pass if they want the spa (spa is not owned and operated by NCL).

You people are missing the obvious solution to this issue. Drop one of the existing cabins and book those two people into any cabin that sleeps four. Then even though you are assigned two and two just everyone stay in the one cabin that sleeps four. Not a big issue at all. You will have to go to muster drill based on the cabins you are assigned to. Why is this so complicated?

But a very expensive solution since they are in 100 per cent penalty.

This was your mistake. You should have picked the best of what was left. Allowing the cruise line to pick your cabin at random is a guarantee of a problem, as you have discovered.

Yes, you saved a little money, but look at the problem that was created.

At the time of adding on the extra cabin (as we had to scramble to get our girls on there). They told us inside with a choice of cabin on lower decks or $100 more pp to have balcony guarantee (no choice of cabin available though). So we didn't really have a choice to choose a cabin near my existing oceanview.

Yep to whomever said about dropping a cabin. To drop either cabin now we would lose most or all of the money paid. Paid $2000 already for that extra balcony guarantee so don't want to have to pay for another cabin & lose that $2000 (or the money spent on the oceanview).

Looking for like we will have to stay with the 2 cabins. But will try in the morning tomorrow or if not at the pier at boarding. Worth a try.

We do plan to use the iconcierge app for sure, so we can at least stay in touch.

Think we will probably put both girls in the spa balcony with hubby too (as that sleeps 3). Then me or hubby will sleep in the oceanview. Easier to keep the girls together most of the time.

Thank you for all those that have offered advice & tried to help out. ;)

At the time of adding on the extra cabin (as we had to scramble to get our girls on there). They told us inside with a choice of cabin on lower decks or $100 more pp to have balcony guarantee (no choice of cabin available though). So we didn't really have a choice to choose a cabin near my existing oceanview.

Yep to whomever said about dropping a cabin. To drop either cabin now we would lose most or all of the money paid. Paid $2000 already for that extra balcony guarantee so don't want to have to pay for another cabin & lose that $2000 (or the money spent on the oceanview).

Looking for like we will have to stay with the 2 cabins. But will try in the morning tomorrow or if not at the pier at boarding. Worth a try.

We do plan to use the iconcierge app for sure, so we can at least stay in touch.

Think we will probably put both girls in the spa balcony with hubby too (as that sleeps 3). Then me or hubby will sleep in the oceanview. Easier to keep the girls together most of the time.

Thank you for all those that have offered advice & tried to help out. ;)

How old are the girls again? Are they too big to share a bed for a week? If not just all four sleep in the spa balcony.

Looks like it is a no go still. Something to do with the amount of passengers in each lifeboat? So they can't have 4 people in those particular balconies or mini-suites that are showing available. :(

It makes sense. But part of me thinks we are getting the run around too. Transferring from one person to another, all saying no though.

If you want everyone in 1 room and are still willing to pay for 2 rooms. Move only 2 into the balcony that will sleep 4. Then keep original muster station but you know have sleeping a accommodations for 4.

When we sail we book cabin that sleeps 5 but only book 4 as second stepchild is booked in mom's room but has a bed to stay every other night with us. Muster station remains with mom\cabin assigned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On hold with CAS, still gotta try.

But if not we will be okay, most of the time kids will bunk in balcony room, with 1 adult. Will be tight with all 4 in there I think.

But still hoping we can change to a cabin that sleeps 4. Fingers crossed something opens up. ;) Will let you all know if it changes!

But if not we will be okay, most of the time kids will bunk in balcony room, with 1 adult. Will be tight with all 4 in there I think.

But still hoping we can change to a cabin that sleeps 4. Fingers crossed something opens up. ;) Will let you all know if it changes!

Don't forget to speak with the Hotel Director on board asap when you board, perhaps after muster drill. (It will be a somewhat crazy time for staff, that day.)

IF there are any no-shows, they'll be learning if it is illness/etc., and a full cancellation, or a missed flight where someone is hoping to catch up (in which case the cabin won't be freed up).

On our holiday cruise 1.5 yrs ago, NCL needed to relocate us temporarily (don't ask - GRRRRR), and there was a cabin that was available but only temporarily, as the "occupants" were indeed trying to catch up.

Or... that's what they told us.

(We did NOT want to switch permanently; we had a Haven 2BR; this was a regular balcony cabin - so they didn't need to try to dissuade us from a full switch after our suite was "fixed".)

My point is, apparently passengers do "catch up" sometimes.

We also know of another Caribbean cruise this year, different line, where someone arrived at the first port due to not wanting to miss exams; the parents told us at dinner during the first sea days.

And then we saw her on board, so apparently yes... it can be done.

(We'd read a variety of opinions about this, and policies could change, of course.)

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks I hadn't thought of seeing the Hotel Director, so for those that suggested that, thank you. We will try that if nothing showing at the check in.

CAS said nothing showing in their inventory. So right now it is still 2 cabins.

If you push the twins into a queen then mom and the girls can sleep in that and dad on the 3rd bed

Looks like parents would be apart either way with 2 cabins

• 2 weeks later...