Majesty of the Seas time planning

First timer here! Will be cruising on the Majesty of the Seas for a quick extended weekend trip May 27-30 to Nassau and CoCo Cay. I know that I can't predict things like the weather and need to be flexible in case we can't dock one of the ports but I want to also plan enough to get the best use of our short time. Just wondering if the following seems like it would be do-able barring any issues that come up.

May 27- leave port at 4pm

-thinking we will bring a bottle of wine/champagne rather than paying for the drink pass. Just hangout on the deck and maybe go dancing or something.

May 28th- buy the drink pass, hangout by the pool and whatever other on board activities they have (there doesn't seem to be much info on their website as to what exactly those are. This will be after the improvements with the dry dock though- supposedly.)

Noon- arrive at Nassau. 1:35 dolphin encounter at Atlantis. Maybe hangout on the property for a little bit after, head back to the ship for dinner, drinks and nightlife- shows, dancing or whatever.

May 29th- arrive at CoCo Cay at midnight.

8:30 am stingray beach excursion. Get back maybe around 10:30?

Spend the rest of the day doing our own snorkel (read that their excursion isn't really worth it) and hanging out on the beach until we leave at 4pm. Spend the rest of the evening doing whatever there is to do on the ship. Not sure about the drink pass that day though. I imagine we will be on the beach a lot of the day, is there anywhere to get drinks at the beach and if so not included in the drink pass I assume?

May 30th- get into port at 7am, possibly go to Kennedy Space center since we will have most of the day free.

Let me know if you have any other tips!

Thanks!!!

For snorkeling on your own at Coco Cay, I suggest you go to the first beach you come to and swim to the left, out towards where the ship is anchored. There is a reef there with some very good snorkeling.

We are going on our first cruise next month too, so these notes are just what I've found in researching. I'm sure someone will correct me if I miss-state anything. I did do a lot of research on alcohol though :) :)

The drink pass isn't a daily purchase, it's over the course of the trip. And, you have to purchase with 4 days left, so you'll have to do it the day you get on the boat, and for the whole trip, or not at all. In the previous compasses I've read, it appears on the last day, they sometimes offer a daily pass option. But, I'm not sure how often that happens. The pass is good for drinks on coco cay, so something to consider.

If you wait until you get on the boat to book it, you can use OBC towards it, which was the deciding factor for my husband and I to purchase it.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine/champagne on the boat with you. Whether that will be enough is the question. It certainly wouldn't be for my husband and me :D

Edited by JDom

ahhhhhhh I see. I was under the impression it was $50/day! That makes a lot more sense, as does using the OBC since we did get that through Expedia.

So do you (or anyone) know if there are separate bars and things like that near the beach on CoCo Cay that we can use the pass at?

There are bars and also roving bar servers on Coco Cay, and the drink card is valid there.

Edited by clarea

In re-reading what I wrote, I'm not sure I made clear you have to get it for $50 a day x the 4 days you are on the boat (not the day you get off). It's a lot of money but made manageable by applying OBC. I'm not sure I'll drink more than $50 a day, but its worth it for the peace of mind for us. My husband will definitely drink more than that!

Edited by JDom

I gotcha. That sounds more realistic lol. I thought for sure when I went into the cruise planner it would let me do one at a time? I haven't hit submit or anything though because we are still unsure.

Isn't it limited to like 12 drinks a day per person? I can't see myself going over 12 in a day anyway.

So even though we board at 4pm the first day we still have to pay $50? I doubt that would be worth it if we HAVE to do every day.

I will have to double check Expedia, it said we got a $50 OBC but didn't specify if that was per person or per room.

Isn't it limited to like 12 drinks a day per person? I can't see myself going over 12 in a day anyway.

No drink limit. There are lots of articles on what it takes to make it "worth it" with approximate drink price. Try googling royal caribbean drink packages or something like that and you should find them. With liquor prices at over $10 a drink, it doesn't take much to reach $50 a day on a mixed drink.

Edited by JDom

I gotcha. That sounds more realistic lol. I thought for sure when I went into the cruise planner it would let me do one at a time? I haven't hit submit or anything though because we are still unsure.

So even though we board at 4pm the first day we still have to pay $50? I doubt that would be worth it if we HAVE to do every day.

I will have to double check Expedia, it said we got a $50 OBC but didn't specify if that was per person or per room.

If you are planning on boarding at 4 you won't get on. :eek: it leaves at 4. Plan on boarding around 11.