Using choice dinning credit (CHOSPD) for wine ?

ilsh75

I read a comment that one can use choice dinning credit to buy wine in specialty restaurant. Did anyone actually did it. Do I just walking and ask for a bottle of wine? I was planning to buy a 3 day SDP once aboard but we decided that we only want to do Le bistro as usual. So I will have some money left. Will restaurant sell unopened bottle of wine? Please share how you used your CHOSPD credit

I don't know the definitive answer but knowing how NCL reads its own rules I cannot see it. SDP means Specialty Dining Package; if you want wine you would need the UBP; the Ultimate Beverage Package.

You might be lucky if you get someone who will bend the rules but don't be too disappointed if you are turned down.

Mike

I don't know the definitive answer but knowing how NCL reads its own rules I cannot see it. SDP means Specialty Dining Package; if you want wine you would need the UBP; the Ultimate Beverage Package.

You might be lucky if you get someone who will bend the rules but don't be too disappointed if you are turned down.

Mike

I don't have sdp I have dinning credit . Suppose to work for specialty dinning. When I got it it was suppose to cover 2 meals now with a la carte it will be for one with some money left. Just looking for a way to spend it without spending more and going go another specialty place .

Haven't heard anything like this, switching of promos is rarely, if ever, allowed and basically that's what this would entail. I wonder if this "offer" is being confused with the Platinum Latitudes Benefit where you receive 2 dinners at Le Bistro along with a bottle of wine. :confused:

The specialty dining credit can theoretically be applied to your entire specialty dining bill (food & drinks), or so I have read. In other words, it can used to buy anything the restaurant sells, including wine. But who knows, they may have a rule where you have to order some food at least, and not just a "liquid meal"…

It would be interesting to know the answer. But to be on the safe side, I would order the extra bottle of wine when you have your actual meal at Le Bistro. (Tell them you want to take it with you, unopened.)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

The specialty dining credit can theoretically be applied to your entire specialty dining bill (food & drinks), or so I have read. In other words, it can used to buy anything the restaurant sells, including wine. But who knows, they may have a rule where you have to order some food at least, and not just a "liquid meal"…

It would be interesting to know the answer. But to be on the safe side, I would order the extra bottle of wine when you have your actual meal at Le Bistro. (Tell them you want to take it with you, unopened.)

I think I will just go to le bistro on the second day and get extra bottles of wine

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...