Kids on Anthem (12 night)

SMHCPA

Hi -

I am starting to think we might have the only kids on our upcoming trip (4/18). Has anyone noticed any kids on these sailings and if so did they seem to be enjoying the ship and/or the kids clubs? There seem to be very few "family" reviews.

I didn't realize it when we booked but our spring break is really late compared to everyone else's. I'm sure they will be fine hanging out with us (which is fine by us too) but I'm hoping they have the chance to meet other kids as well as they really enjoy that.

I was kind of hoping for that perfect balance of some kids but not too many lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are plenty of kids on longer cruises. :rolleyes:

If it's YOUR spring break, then it has to be the spring break of lots of other schools, too.

The ship won't be overrun with children as it will be during the summer or when the most kids are out of school, but your children will have company in Adventure Ocean, I am sure.

:)

We are on a 12 day - Anthem too departing 3/27 and there are bout 20 kids just on our roll call. Trust me, there will be kids. In April, there will still be some kids on spring break. I've been sailing with my children for almost a decade (sailing when school is in session and not) we've NEVER had a sailing where they were the only kids on board. There may not be as many as summer time but there will be kids.

Great to hear! I was getting nervous because I took them to visit my parents in Florida in January. They are in a senior only trailer park development (55 and up). It was pretty uncomfortable for me some times as kids were definitely NOT appreciated by most lol. The kids were clueless but I was a nervous wreck any time we were in a public area like the pool or the shuffleboard area. They were pretty well behaved but you can't totally take the little boy out of little boys! Glad to hear we won't feel completely out of place [emoji3]

I'm sure there will be other kids. Like other posters mentioned there are schools in the area on break that week. NYC area schools are on Spring break 4/23-5/1. I'm sure there are people that will take their kids out of school the extra week to go on that cruise.

I'm sure there will be other kids. Like other posters mentioned there are schools in the area on break that week. NYC area schools are on Spring break 4/23-5/1. I'm sure there are people that will take their kids out of school the extra week to go on that cruise.

We are in NNY and our break is the same week! Its the latest I've ever seen it!

I'm from MA though and my sisters spring break is the week before ours so they will be off school too! I'm sure your kids will have company!

On our 15 day to Hawaii, there were tons of kids. When we were on the elevator, there were 3 or 4 kids in there and I asked why they weren't in school. They said they were "home schooled". Mmmm, never even thought of that. I wonder what the percentage of children are home schooled. They were an amazing bunch of children. I have never seen such well behaved kids on a cruise. :)

We are on that cruise with a 5 and 9 year olds. Coming all the way from australia. Our kids can be friends!

That will be awesome!

Can't wait to meet you all [emoji3].

Our spring break is actually the second week of our trip so we are pulling them out the first week. I also forgot about the homeschoolers - definitively NOT something I could ever do. I barely get through school "projects" most of the time lol.

We were on the 12 night Anthem sailing on 21st Feb with our 3 year old, according to Adventure Ocean staff there were 60 kids in the 3-11 age bracket on board.

I was apprehensive about our first cruise with the little one, as there is a fair bit of negativity on here about children, but on the whole other passengers were lovely to him!

We were on the Anthem's 7 March 12 day cruise. An Adventure Ocean staffer (who ran the Puzzle Break room for us) said there were less than 200 kids on that cruise, but over 1000 on the next one.

200 sounds about perfect lol. Did you happen to notice the line situation for things like bumper cars or entertainment? I'm not quite sure what to make of the comments relating to this. We are Disney people so are very used to potentially long lines. I am a total planner however so we never wait in them (20 min max or we do it at a different time). And I can assure you we NEVER secure a spot 2 hrs before any show or parade and we always see just fine.

I'm hoping it's the same type of situation on Anthem. We have made all our reservations and hope we will be all set and that the "complainers" either didn't make reservations or were the type that wouldn't be happy unless they had the best seats in the house. I will gladly exchange 45 minutes of line waiting on my vacation for a less than perfect seat.

Can't really say, pretty much the only time I was in the SeaPlex area was when I was playing the puzzle break game or getting hot dogs at the hot dog stand. I did note that when you are going to a show they would check your SeaPass and if you didn't have a reservation you were shunted over the " wait here until the people with reservations have taken their seats (or 15 minutes before the show)" area

On our 15 day to Hawaii, there were tons of kids. When we were on the elevator, there were 3 or 4 kids in there and I asked why they weren't in school. They said they were "home schooled". Mmmm, never even thought of that. I wonder what the percentage of children are home schooled. They were an amazing bunch of children. I have never seen such well behaved kids on a cruise. :)

I'm 14 and home schooled (because I'm traveling around the USA with my family), there are more than you think, on my Disney Dream cruise, there were no breaks but plenty of kids to hang around, mostly home schooled :).

Edited by ethanfite56