Is there a "do not miss" show?

MaiTaiMary

On my past two Carnival cruises all shows featuring their own dancers were skippable, especially the welcome show. The traveling entertainers such as jugglers and magicians were surprisingly watchable and I'm glad we saw them. The comedy acts were generally good as well.

This is Carnival. There's no longer any such thing as DON'T MISS SHOWS.

Sad, really. We used to look forward to them. The best I always remember was the rooftop production of STEP IN TIME from Mary Poppins, as part of one of them. Ticket to Ride was another.

The traveling entertainers such as jugglers and magicians were surprisingly watchable and I'm glad we saw them.

Magician was the best.

Do all of the ships have a magician? Or how can I find out if ours will have one? We will be on the Dream next month, and my son loves magic tricks.

You are going to get a mixed bag of answers. But in my experience - on Carnival lately - there is not a don't miss show. :(

Well, except for the pier runners. Those are pretty entertaining.

LOL! I have yet to watch this. Seems like Lido is so crowded during sailaway I give up after not finding a good spot.

The production shows are ok...just ok. We go and make the best of it. I prefer most the fly-on people, like jugglers and a balloon guy who was on our last cruise. Also I like the shows that involve us passengers (Marraige show, etc). But to each their own. What people here are telling you isn't good, may just not be their cup of tea, and you may really enjoy it. Just go and check it out from a seat near the exit...and if you don't like it, leave.

Unfortunately the Playlist shows are mediocre at best, and they are the same two shows over and over and over and over and over.....over the last few years they have not changed at all, and we left 10 minutes into them the first time. The good thing is, that it is really easy to find a good seat! Don't bother with them. If there is a magician that is usually a good show. The Comedy Club is a crap shoot as well. Entertainment on Carnival has really gone down hill for sure.

No, they are all equally forgettable.

I do remember enjoying Epic Rock but not Divas. What is unforgettable to me is how much we disliked the Hasbro show. It was our first cruise together, just six weeks after we met. Neither one of us wanted to look mean or unreasonable or picky, so we stuck it out about 15 minutes before we couldn't stand it any longer. Now, after almost three years together, we wouldn't make it past the first three minutes.

Ok, we'll I guess I'm speaking for the other side. My husband and I tend to like Carnival shows. This coming from two people who have lived in Vegas and seen a lot of great (and not so great shows) there. We thought Epic Rock was really really good. Another was great too, unfortunately I don't remember the name of it right now. The comedy club usually has at least one really good comedian on board. You can always check them out and leave after a bit if they're not for you.

I still don't get it, either. It's another word for a musical, I guess? Not sure how a "playlist show" is different than the shows that were performed years ago, though.

It's a musical...but w/o a live band and talented singers...its seems like one small step above.........karaoke:eek:.

Edited by cruizinator

On the Breeze Playlist Productions were slick little shows designed to make the audience part of the experience. A couple of performers would host the Pre-show that would teach you a simple dance move. They would tell you that later you would put the lesson to use during the production. All of the back drops are LED, that is where they spent the money. All the music is taped and they have shrunk the cast down to 8 people, everyone sings and dances. The finale usually has you using what you were taught in the pre-show. As the show ends the Cruise Director hustles in to lead everyone out into the Atrium for an after party. Designed to get everyone from point A to point B rapidly. Some shows became a conga line designed to move you to the bars. Very slick.

It's a musical...but w/o a live band and talented singers...its seems like one small step above.........karaoke:eek:.

I call the playlist shows 'professional karaoke '. On the Dream, they still have the stage shows. 'Dancing In The Street' is the best of the 3 they produce.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

yes, DH and I will definitely see the comedian(s) on our own, but I was thinking the kids would want to see a show after dinner. On the previous cruise we took them on, we couldn't ever seem to time it right with dinner and ended up coming to the show in the middle, and there weren't any seats.

I don't recall ever seeing a magician on any of our sailings, but I will be looking for one this time!

I think I already know the answer to this :o but you guys don't think we should waste any time taking our kids (ages 8, 10, 11) to a playlist show? They really weren't that thrilled with Camp Carnival. I'm not sure what else to do with them after dinner. The Miracle doesn't have the dive-in theater, unfortunately.

Last cruise we took them on, we saw the very end of "Rock of Ages". That seemed fun. Is that one of the new ones or is that gone? (or am I thinking of "Epic Rock"? I thought it was Rock of Ages. Somebody help me out here. :D )