Snorkeling/Activities at AI

ishap

We will be in Cozumel at the end of April and I am looking to do an AI with the family. I know Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom are all highly recommended. I am also considering Melia Vacation Club and Occidental Grand Resort.

I've kinda ruled out El Cid La Ceiba Beach as it looks like the beach area is very tiny. Can anyone confirm this?

So, while I know they all include unlimited food and drink, Sanchos and Nachi seem to lack descriptions on what sort of activities are included. According to Cozumel Day Passes, Occidental and Melia include non-motorized water sports like wind surfing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, etc.

Other questions I have, how good is the snorkeling off the beach of these resorts?

Thanks!

Nachi offers quiet, relaxation, a small pool w/swim up bar, a small hot tub, and an un-crowded beach with good facilities, food, drink & service. No water toys; you can book extra excursions/massage, etc. for an extra fee.

Sanchos is larger, more crowded, and the AI side offers 3 pools; water toys are an extra $15 or so per person and you can add on extras (massage, parasail, snorkel, etc.) for an extra fee.

No beach with a nice sandy bottom and any wave action will offer good snorkeling -- the sand/waves cloud the water and there are no rock/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. Pay and extra $30-35+ per person for the 90 minute snorkel excursion to the reefs or head to a place like the Money Bar (no beach, you enter the water via steps) with great snorkeling from the shore.

Thanks JDC. Seems if we want included non-motorized water sports then we may want to hit someplace like Occidental. Is Mr. Sanchos super crowded? I know that Nachi only lets in 100 people per day.

I thought I read someplace that the beach at Sanchos drops off quite a bit. True?

Anyone have experience at Melia or Occidental?

We will be in Cozumel at the end of April and I am looking to do an AI with the family. I know Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom are all highly recommended. I am also considering Melia Vacation Club and Occidental Grand Resort.

I've kinda ruled out El Cid La Ceiba Beach as it looks like the beach area is very tiny. Can anyone confirm this?

So, while I know they all include unlimited food and drink, Sanchos and Nachi seem to lack descriptions on what sort of activities are included. According to Cozumel Day Passes, Occidental and Melia include non-motorized water sports like wind surfing, paddle boarding, snorkeling, etc.

Other questions I have, how good is the snorkeling off the beach of these resorts?

Thanks!

I can only speak about Nachi Cocom. If you want just a relaxing day on the beach, away from crowds, Nachi is your place to be. Unlimited drinks, and the included 4 course meal is excellent. As for snorkeling, there's really nothing to see off the beach there. I did take the snorkeling excursion they offer for $40. It is approximately 2 hours long, and they take you to 2 different locations. It was good, but the reef at both locations was pretty deep, probably 15-20 feet deep at the first location, even deeper at the 2nd. I'm afraid my snorkeling at Tabyana Beach in Roatan has spoiled me :D

If you go to one of the other locations you mentioned, please come back and let us know how it went. We're heading back to Cozumel in February, and may be looking for something different.