Yacht club perk - Drinking package or OBC?

jmele999

We are new to MSC and recently booked a YC-1 on Seaside for January 2018. When we booked we received the drink package as a perk, but now you can receive $400 on OBC for booking a YC cabin. I know that we get free drinks in the Yacht club and that we have access to the mini bar in the room. We are now trying to decide whether to keep the drink package or switch our promo to the $400 OBC. Any opinions or comments?

I would look at what the cost would be to switch to the current promotion.

For what few drinks I would have out of the yacht club, I feel the $400 is a better deal. I am basing it on having no more then 2 or 3 drinks per day out of the yacht club for a 7 day cruise. For the individual price of just adding to the room bill, that would be a lot less then taking the $400.

I think they have coupons one can purchase too....

There, that is my 2 cents....:)

Edited by FireEater

If you plan to spend time outside the Yacht club on deck or going to specialty restaurants, then the drink package can be helpful. But, for us, it would have been a waste since we only bought drinks outside the Yacht club once - when we had the special pizza in the wine bar area. I think you could do more with the $400, if you can get this switched over.

I would definitely go with the OBC.

I loved having my drinks in the Yacht Club and I had all my meals in the Yacht Club which came with drinks anyway.

Yacht Club drinks menu

[YOUTUBE]cvgEQmCuis0[/YOUTUBE]

Dinner in Yacht Club restaurant, with drinks included

[YOUTUBE]2_DnkB_ubl0[/YOUTUBE]

Mini-bar

[YOUTUBE]jVslSeyH9Ck[/YOUTUBE]

I seriously had too much to eat and drink during my cruise. Had to go on a diet thereafter.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

I would go for the OBC. You have many places to drink in the YC, and if you want extra, you have $400.00 to spend. You can also buy a drink pkg for $84.00 which will give you 18 drinks outside the YC
I would also go for the 400 in OBC, and according to my reservation on the Seaside in January of 2018, the 18 drink package is going up to 89.00. Don't know if you pay a gratuity on top of that if you use OBC to pay for it.