Question regarding on board messaging

iriemon

It's not by phone number, but by account maybe? Sorry I don't recall the exact details, but it was fairly simple to set up.

We were on in December and used it, and the kids had to sign up too. We did one test, and then the message was there, and we just kept replying back and forth.

It's great to be able to message, but you don't get notified you go a message, so you have to keep checking the app. It's free to use, so you aren't using minutes, but it is not as simple as your text messages coming over on your phone and dinging you when you get a new one.

Yes, you put your phone on airplane mode and turn on wifi. Then once you are on the ship's intranet WEB site, it gives you an option to set up an account to use the messenger. I do not recall the exact procedure as I only used the internet due to the free minutes I get. You can obtain a sheet with instructions right at the internet café.

At least on the Regal recently, it automatically added people in the same cabin into your contacts once everybody created a Princess@Sea account (e.g. once my wife created an account she automatically showed up as a contact for me). You then simply clicked to send a new message and picked the person from your contacts. Otherwise, I believe you need their username (which the person will create when they establish their Princess@Sea account) and then you can add them as a contact -- but I didn't message anybody else on the ship so can't say for sure exactly how that works.

Just got off the Regal. Everything is done from regal.princess.com. This is free. Just go into the messenger section to set it up. Each person in the cabin creates their own login in. Basically, just setting up a username and password. Then you enter your folio number found on the key card. As stated by the previous poster, you put the phone on airplane mode and WIFI. That's it. Very easy and it worked well.

From this website, you can access your account info, the paid internet, daily program, hours and locations of everything, etc. You can also access Princess.com for free as well. So, if you have your phone on you, you can always figure out where to eat next!