Turning Platinum on 6th day of 6th night cruise

QTPieRye

I will have 69 VIFP points upon embarkation of a 6 night cruise (which will give me 75 days on the last day of that cruise). I believe when I turned Gold during a cruise, I received a Gold card and got Gold benefits, which at that time was the past guest party... etc.

Does anyone know if I will be considered Platinum and receive priority boarding, even though I won't actually be Platinum until the 6th day of my 6 night cruise?

We are in the same "boat" next week. When I printed off our boarding passes, our New VIFP level is on the boarding pass [emoji5]. Did you check your boarding pass ? My confirmation still said our current level, but the boarding pass is the new one (even though we don't level up until mid cruise)

Thanks. I probably should have elabordated on the circumstances. My turning Platinum cruise is part of a very large group cruise, thus, I won't be able to check my documents until 75 days prior to sailing.

With my 75th VIFP day being the the 6th day of that 6 night cruise, I thought I'd ask here :)

You should be platinum at embarkation. I took a back to back cruise not turning platinum until the 2nd cruise and we got priority platinum during our first cruise even though we didn't even start the next cruise yet so I am pretty confident you will go to the special VIFP check in line. But your boarding pass will say once you get your docs.

Mom turned Diamond on debarkation day of her last cruise. She had her white card in her hand at embarkation, along with all the perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app