Earliest flight booked?

We are cruising on the Getaway May 15th out of Miami and I am a procrastinator. I haven't booked our flight yet but I see it's much cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale. My question is what is the earliest flight you would book out of Fort Lauderdale, that would give me time to get off the ship and get to my flight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are cruising on the Getaway May 15th out of Miami and I am a procrastinator. I haven't booked our flight yet but I see it's much cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale. My question is what is the earliest flight you would book out of Fort Lauderdale, that would give me time to get off the ship and get to my flight?

For me it would be noon. You have some travel time from POM to FLL and chances are you won't have any delays, but if you do you want some cushion time. After all, who wants to be stressing out and rushing at the end of a nice vacation?

1pm so that you can have a decent breakfast and then be almost certain that anything that goes wrong will be clear.

Mike

We have cruised out of Miami with flights in and out of FLL. I would not book a flight before noon, possibly 11am at the absolute earliest. You want to leave enough wiggle room for any problems that might arise.

For me it would be noon. You have some travel time from POM to FLL and chances are you won't have any delays, but if you do you want some cushion time. After all, who wants to be stressing out and rushing at the end of a nice vacation?

Also---I have found Ft Lauderdale airport crazy busy, so allow plenty of time to get through to your gate. But you are right, it is cheaper to fly into Ft Lauderdale than into Miami, and that is where I will fly into when I cruise the Getaway in January.

We regularly do 10:30am flights out of Ft. Lauderdale. Of course we line up early and do express walk off and have transportation to the airport prearranged.

We always make it with plenty of time to spare. Many will advise against this. But it's not stressful in the least. Perhaps when we get older we may book later flights. But for now once the cruise is over we want to get home asap. And refuse to waste time in an airport.