Can I remove prepaid gratuities?

We're taking my DD, DSIL, and their two children on Anthem this summer. When I paid for their cruise last week, I prepaid their gratuities so they didn't have that expense. However, I had forgotten they they have a large OBC, part of which we planned to use to pay for their gratuities.

Can I now remove the gratuities and then add them back on when we're on board so that they're covered by the OBC?

(Just so there's no confusion, I have no intention of really removing the automatic gratuities. I am fully aware of how hard the people on the ship work, never remove them, and always tip extra.)

We're taking my DD, DSIL, and their two children on Anthem this summer. When I paid for their cruise last week, I prepaid their gratuities so they didn't have that expense. However, I had forgotten they they have a large OBC, part of which we planned to use to pay for their gratuities.

Can I now remove the gratuities and then add them back on when we're on board so that they're covered by the OBC?

(Just so there's no confusion, I have no intention of really removing the automatic gratuities. I am fully aware of how hard the people on the ship work, never remove them, and always tip extra.)

Just give them a call. No problem.

Yes, there is plenty of time to take care of that. No problem. Many of us use our OBC for gratuities.

Call and Cancel! No problem! Have a great cruise!

No No. OP are from New Jersey. They just need to call and have the grat's removed from the existing cruise. No need to cancel anything.

Edit to say, if you meant "cancel the onboard gratuities" than yes, just cancel them but not the whole cruise and re book.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind