Cucina del Capitano (dinner)

MaiTaiMary

I enjoyed the antipasto, my favorite part of the Cucina meal. I had linguini and meat balls for the main course, and it was okay, but the sauce was very sweet. It wasn't Bronx gravy the way my Grandma used to make hers, and I commented, not bad, but if this was a restaurant on Arthur Avenue (Italian section of the Bronx), it wouldn't last a month.

For anyone who couldn't distinguish between sauce and gravy, this would be a very nice place to eat.

I'm booked for Cucina on Sunshine for my next cruise.

I miss Arthur Avenue. Haven't been there in ages. I grew up in Yonkers.

I know the difference between sauce and gravy (lol)

So many good things on the menu, might have to eat there several times. Lunch portions were huge!

I found it odd they didn't have spoons. I asked why and one of the cook's said he didn't like to see them used. Talked to a manager and he said "Oh, good idea." He had spoons set out.

Do NY Italians eat with spoons to twirl?

Wannabe Italians, yes....Genuine Italians, if you used a spoon, your Grandmother would smack you across the head :D

Edited by First and Ten

I enjoyed the antipasto, my favorite part of the Cucina meal. I had linguini and meat balls for the main course, and it was okay, but the sauce was very sweet. It wasn't Bronx gravy the way my Grandma used to make hers, and I commented, not bad, but if this was a restaurant on Arthur Avenue (Italian section of the Bronx), it wouldn't last a month.

For anyone who couldn't distinguish between sauce and gravy, this would be a very nice place to eat.

Great Post....Cucina is good. Maybe a little bit better than an Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill....When I hear people say "Some of the best Italian I have had", I kinda feel bad for them, poor people never had good Italian food :D

Edited by First and Ten

So many good things on the menu, might have to eat there several times. Lunch portions were huge!

I found it odd they didn't have spoons. I asked why and one of the cook's said he didn't like to see them used. Talked to a manager and he said "Oh, good idea." He had spoons set out.

Using a spoon to twirl pasta is considered extremely poor etiquette in Italy. The correct method is to twirl the pasta around your fork by placing the tines of your fork against the plate or bowl in which it is served.

Using a spoon to twirl pasta is considered extremely poor etiquette in Italy. The correct method is to twirl the pasta around your fork by placing the tines of your fork against the plate or bowl in which it is served.

Thank you for the backup Suite!!!! :D

Edited by First and Ten

I dont wanna be anything but American and will eat my pasta however I want to :cool: Ive never used a spoon though.

The chicken parm was pretty good I thought. So were the Nona's meatballs of which I was also informed are pretty much akin to a cardinal sin to "real Italians"

Edited by ryano

At dinner do they bring the plates to you. At lunch you get a buzzer and go pick up your huge portion.

They brought the plates to you. In fact I have only eaten lunch there on the first day of the cruise and they also brought the plates to us. We did not receive a buzzer the 2 times on the Magic, the one time on the Breeze, and 2 times at the Pasta Bar(they don't have the pay for restaurant at night, but it the same as the Breeze and the Magic at lunch) on the Dream

Didn't know that. Thanks. I'll do better next time!

This Bronx Italian guy has never used a spoon to twirl his spaghetti or linguini on his fork.