NCL Escape Review with Tips & Tricks

RJ1

We are cruising for first time with NCL on Escape on Nov 25. I can't wait. What is easiest way to reserve the free shows once on board? Thanks for all the great tips.
The wall mounted kiosks are the quickest way to do it if you don't want to wait in line at the box office. If the app is working, you can also download the iconcierge Norwegian app and do everything while you're sitting around waiting for your group to be called. Or you can wait until you get to your cabin and do it on your tv. If you're going to also be making or tweaking specialty restaurant reservations, do it as soon as you board because Cagney's and teppanyaki will be sold out by sail away. If there is a show you want to see that is sold out, such as adult comedy, there is a stand by line that opens up 10 minutes prior to the show starting and those no shows lose their reservations and you can get their seats. It always happens.

Did your kids do any activities with entourage? I will have a just turned 13 year old on our trip. She loved splash academy, but I am concerned about less structure in entourage.

We are booked on the ESCAPE for November 4, 2017 - was wondering about my 14 year old and ENTOURAGE. How did your 13 year old do??

She did a lot of activities with entourage. We bought the texting bit on the concierge app, so she was required to text us upon arrival, if changing venues, and if she was headed back to the room. That worked great!

So the 1st day we signed her up, and then she went back to hang out. The entourage space is really great. She had her iPod if she got bored... but I don't think that happened. She grouped up with some kids pretty fast... all on the younger side. If they didn't want to go play dodgeball or whatever they would go to the buffet, or wander to the pool. We had multiple evenings she came back to the room for her suit so she could go hang out on the pool deck. They did the scavenger hunts (this would be a main cause of complaints by some grumps about kids running up and down the stairs).

By mid week we had lost her for dinner, unless we were at a specialty restaurant that night... and then we had to eat early or we wouldn't see her at all. We did an 11:15 pm curfew if it was a sea day or late port day the next day, 10:15 for early port days the next day (the extra 15 minutes was to give her time to get to our room after the activity ended.). The last night I let her stay out till 1... but she rolled in about 15 minutes early. Most kids had earlier curfews than the ship's rules.

She did a lot of activities with entourage. We bought the texting bit on the concierge app, so she was required to text us upon arrival, if changing venues, and if she was headed back to the room. That worked great!

So the 1st day we signed her up, and then she went back to hang out. The entourage space is really great. She had her iPod if she got bored... but I don't think that happened. She grouped up with some kids pretty fast... all on the younger side. If they didn't want to go play dodgeball or whatever they would go to the buffet, or wander to the pool. We had multiple evenings she came back to the room for her suit so she could go hang out on the pool deck. They did the scavenger hunts (this would be a main cause of complaints by some grumps about kids running up and down the stairs).

By mid week we had lost her for dinner, unless we were at a specialty restaurant that night... and then we had to eat early or we wouldn't see her at all. We did an 11:15 pm curfew if it was a sea day or late port day the next day, 10:15 for early port days the next day (the extra 15 minutes was to give her time to get to our room after the activity ended.). The last night I let her stay out till 1... but she rolled in about 15 minutes early. Most kids had earlier curfews than the ship's rules.

So helpful - thank you - I feel better already... We leave 11/4 cannot wait!!!