Jewel of the Seas dry dock

As she is heading today for an extensive 3 weeks dry dock, I was wondering what will change because it'a a quite long one. The reason I'm asking is, because I'm planning to take a very last minute TA on April 28 all the way to Civitavecchia!

Edited by Topo Gigio

As she is heading today for an extensive 3 weeks dry dock, I was wondering what will change because it'a a quite long one. The reason I'm asking is, because I'm planning to take a very last minute TA on April 28 all the way to Civitavecchia!

This page has some info. See the paragraphs marked "New":

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=JW&br=R

We are also on the same cruise. Let's hope the dry dock doesn't take longer than expected like on the Empress and they end up cancelling 6 cruises which would mean our cruise would be cancelled too.
I would not worry as Empress dry dock obviously rushed and poorly planed. BYW, I am on the 4 day in between the dry dock & TA. However workers finishing work underway is highly probable. Edited by FLACRUISER99

I would not worry as Empress dry dock obviously rushed and poorly planed. BYW, I am on the 4 day in between the dry dock & TA.

I agree. Plus, Jewel is the last of the four Radiance class ships to be revitalized I would expect them to be very familiar (i.e. little chance of surprises) with the Radiance class revitalization by now.

I'm assuming, which is never a good thing, that since I read The Empress was more than just an ordinnary dry-dock, where they even cut into the ship with major modifications, the Jewel will go smoothly. I'm also hoping that because our TA cruise is heading to Rome, where it will sail for the Spring and Summer, they want things done for sure, and, don't want to cancel those cruises.

We have never been on a TA before and are so excited, plus, were told that our D-1 cabin 9256 will be so wonderful, especially during the first 7-days of the cruise which are at sea.

I'm assuming, which is never a good thing, that since I read The Empress was more than just an ordinnary dry-dock, where they even cut into the ship with major modifications, the Jewel will go smoothly. I'm also hoping that because our TA cruise is heading to Rome, where it will sail for the Spring and Summer, they want things done for sure, and, don't want to cancel those cruises.

We have never been on a TA before and are so excited, plus, were told that our D-1 cabin 9256 will be so wonderful, especially during the first 7-days of the cruise which are at sea.

You have one of the most desired staterooms on the entire ship.:)

Bon Voyage!

Nor Park Cafe. I really hope that is an inadvertent omission from the web page.

No R Bar either.

Also, no aerial experience, which is a huge positive IMO. Hopefully they leave the steps and the hanging sculpture. The "new" centrums on Serenade and Brilliance seem nice, but the original ones are more traditional and classy if you ask me.

No R Bar either.

Also, no aerial experience, which is a huge positive IMO. Hopefully they leave the steps and the hanging sculpture. The "new" centrums on Serenade and Brilliance seem nice, but the original ones are more traditional and classy if you ask me.

I agree with your opinon of the aerial show. There's just not enough seating with a decent view to enjoy that experience. They had stopped doing the aerial show altogether on Brilliance this past December.

It says three new restaurants on the website - so that's Izumi, Giovanni's and which other? I was hoping it was going to be Park Cafe. I'm also disappointed there's not going to be an R Bar - that was my favourite bar on Explorer.

Maybe they will add the a la carte Sabor where they have Rita's on Brilliance.

No R Bar either.

I agree completely. I sailed on the Serenade both before and after the Centrum changes and it was much better before.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

We are also on the TA. I find it interesting that the new cabins being added are not available for booking on our cruise. In addition they do not have the new specialties available for reservations. Hoping that they are just hedging their bets and minimal work will be going on during the TA.

This was one of the reasons that we changed our cabin from 9076 to 7676. We love the aft anyway and 9076 is right below what was the Concierge lounge but is now a new cabin...also across the hall was the library which is also being converted to a cabin. Didn't want the annoyance of construction noise if they were still working on them especially since the cabins are not available to book yet.

Still expecting a great cruise.

It says three new restaurants on the website - so that's Izumi, Giovanni's and which other? I was hoping it was going to be Park Cafe. I'm also disappointed there's not going to be an R Bar - that was my favourite bar on Explorer.

I believe that the renovated Chops Grille is considered the third "new" restaurant.

This is the press release by Royal on the Jewel. Hope it loads ok. Bob

file:///Users/nancytowe/Desktop/1449156724_12-3-15-Jewel-of-the-Seas-Revitalization.pdf

The URL is referencing a location on your computer, so we cannot see it.

If the PDF is small enough (< 976KB), you can attach it to your post. Otherwise you will have to upload it to some file sharing site and insert a link in a CC post.

The URL is referencing a location on your computer, so we cannot see it.

If the PDF is small enough (< 976KB), you can attach it to your post. Otherwise you will have to upload it to some file sharing site and insert a link in a CC post.

If you google "Jewel of the Seas Revitalization" the pdf file shows up and you can click on it and read the press release.

We are also on the TA. I find it interesting that the new cabins being added are not available for booking on our cruise. In addition they do not have the new specialties available for reservations. Hoping that they are just hedging their bets and minimal work will be going on during the TA.

This was one of the reasons that we changed our cabin from 9076 to 7676. We love the aft anyway and 9076 is right below what was the Concierge lounge but is now a new cabin...also across the hall was the library which is also being converted to a cabin. Didn't want the annoyance of construction noise if they were still working on them especially since the cabins are not available to book yet.

Still expecting a great cruise.

Specialty dining is not open for reservations on our September Jewel cruise either.

If you google "Jewel of the Seas Revitalization" the pdf file shows up and you can click on it and read the press release.

I found this one, which is not exactly what was posted above, but also does not mention Park Cafe:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Revits/JW_Revit/15047630_JW_Revit_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Edited by clarea