Jewel Yard location

Anyone know whether the Jewel is going to stay in San Juan or go to Bahamas for yard visit. Maybe we can get some photos later during the visit. bob

I'm not aware of any shipyard in San Juan capable of handling the Jewel, and since Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US, if there was one, it would cost as much as a US yard, so with a foreign yard as close as Freeport, I don't see any reason to stay in SJ. That is all assuming that there is a slot available in Freeport (plus RCI owns part of Grand Bahamas SY).

I'm not aware of any shipyard in San Juan capable of handling the Jewel, and since Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the US, if there was one, it would cost as much as a US yard, so with a foreign yard as close as Freeport, I don't see any reason to stay in SJ. That is all assuming that there is a slot available in Freeport (plus RCI owns part of Grand Bahamas SY).

In addition, Jewel has a 4 night Bahamas cruise followed by a TA from Fort Lauderdale immediately following the dry dock. A Freeport dry dock makes the most logical sense when taking into account the fact that her next cruise departs from Florida.

I was hoping for Freeport. We are on the 4 day out of Lauderdale so can advise whats new and what they will still be working on. Bob

Will be looking for your reports Bob as we are on the TA following your cruise.

Yes, please do report back on the changes Bob.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I was hoping for Freeport. We are on the 4 day out of Lauderdale so can advise whats new and what they will still be working on. Bob

Looks like she is in Freeport now.

Edited by abbflex