Mr Sanchos

leekristina25

Beach is great. We usually do the place next door, Nachi Cocom, and the sand is great. No shoes needed.

What do you like better about Nachi Cocom? I know it has a limit of 100 ppl. And do they have AI?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What do you like better about Nachi Cocom? I know it has a limit of 100 ppl. And do they have AI?

Sorry. I just noticed you answered my question on a different thread. [emoji851]

All good! Both great AI resorts. One is more relaxing than the other and Nachi has less people. Just depends on what you are looking for. Can't go wrong with either place. They both do it right.

Thanks for your help. I just booked Mr Sanchos bc my fiancé wants more upbeat and since he really isn't a beach person anyways I let him decide. Lol. You seem full of information so could you help me a little more?.. Could you tell me what you like to do in Belize. I'm having a hard time deciding between the ruins or Sharkray alley. I want to do both but that's obviously impossible! Lol This is our first cruise and I really want to make the best of it.

Thanks for your help. I just booked Mr Sanchos bc my fiancé wants more upbeat and since he really isn't a beach person anyways I let him decide. Lol. You seem full of information so could you help me a little more?.. Could you tell me what you like to do in Belize. I'm having a hard time deciding between the ruins or Sharkray alley. I want to do both but that's obviously impossible! Lol This is our first cruise and I really want to make the best of it.

Shark Ray Alley for sure. We love to go to Caye Caulker island and just walk around/drink... shop, etc. Very reggae-est type place -- relaxing but fun. Spent a week there once and loved it. There are many excursions that do both shark ray and Caye Caulker together... CoralBreeze is a good one. Carnival has it as well but more pricey. I believe Coral Breeze has it for $75 pp. Good deal! http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

Edited by BrotherCraig

Sharkray Alley for sure. We love to go to Caye Caulker island and just walk around/drink... shop, etc. Very reggae-est type place -- relaxing but fun. Spent a week there once and loved it. There are many excursions that do both sharkray and Caye Caulker... CoralBreeze is a good one. http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

I'm nervous about booking with a private company in Belize from things I've read... Also, we would have to tender to port to do that one, would it cut into our time? I've read that carnival excursions get priority on tendering...

I'm nervous about booking with a private company in Belize from things I've read... Also, we would have to tender to port to do that one, would it cut into our time? I've read that carnival excursions get priority on tendering...

Coral Breeze is highly rated and always get their people back to the ship. They plan on everything being 5 hours. It is a 40 minute boat ride to Caye Caulker, they then order the food and allow people to go to the bathroom and/or change, and then head out to Shark Ray Alley for a bit. They do that for 1 hr 30 minutes. Then you have 75 minutes at caye caulker to eat and do some quick exploring (buy rum). For that extra feeling of security, no problem with taking Carnival's excursion. They do the same exact thing but for more money. They do get tendering priority but Coral Breeze waits. Smaller group.

Coral Breeze is highly rated and always get their people back to the ship. They plan on everything being 5 hours. It is a 40 minute boat ride to Caye Caulker, they then order the food and allow people to go to the bathroom and/or change, and then head out to Shark Ray Alley for a bit. They do that for 1 hr 30 minutes. Then you have 75 minutes at caye caulker to eat and do some quick exploring (buy rum). For that extra feeling of security, no problem with taking Carnival's excursion. They do the same exact thing but for more money. They do get tendering priority but Coral Breeze waits. Smaller group.

So is Sharkray alley along the barrier reef? I'm just a little confused as to if we will only be swimming with the wildlife or also able to snorkel along the reef...

Edited by leekristina25

To add to that, outfits like Coral Breeze gets you back in plenty of time. So much time that you will have time for some drinks at the Wet Lizard at the port and even shop if need be. Companies like that, they are a big outfit throughout the caribbean, does not want that kind of publicity. TripAdvisor is a good source - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d815591-Reviews-Coral_Breeze_Tours-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

So is Sharkray alley along the barrier reef? I'm just a little confused as to if we will only be swimming with the wildlife or also able to snorkel along the reef...

Yes, it is along the barrier reef. Second largest in the world. You will be snorkeling along the reef but not in it. Sandy bottom with sea grass. It is where the rays, sharks, and other marine life come to feed. It is a marine reserve.

Yes, it is along the barrier reef. Second largest in the world. You will be snorkeling along the reef but not in it. Sandy bottom with sea grass. It is where the rays, sharks, and other marine life come to feed. It is a marine reserve.

Gotcha. One more question and I'll leave you alone. Lol. So, if we booked privately, what are some tips to get off the ship sooner to meet Coral Breeze. As I'm guessing there will be long lines and I'll be unable to guarantee what time I will get into port. I just scanned through some trip advisor reviews and saw that a couple was late getting to port due to the tendering process and Coral Breeze had to leave them behind...

Gotcha. One more question and I'll leave you alone. Lol. So, if we booked privately, what are some tips to get off the ship sooner to meet Coral Breeze. As I'm guessing there will be long lines and I'll be unable to guarantee what time I will get into port. I just scanned through some trip advisor reviews and saw that a couple was late getting to port due to the tendering process and Coral Breeze had to leave them behind...

They were probably late for other reasons. Sometimes weather comes into play and they limit the tender boats. We usually have FTTF passes and we get to tender early but just get to the tender boats as early as possible. Coral Breeze knows the process pretty well.

I found this little gem from Coral Breeze about folks being concerned. As he said, they would be out of business the next day if that ever happened and I agree. We never book with Carnival. Always do our own thing and always get back to port with enough time to shop and drink... or dance on tables... depends on how good I am feeling (happened once). lol

From Coral Breeze owner:

"I would like to address this question/concern since it specifically asks the single most asked question for guests arriving in Belize.

I understand comfort zones and the concern about getting back to the ship on time. I think I can speak for ALL tour operators in Belize when I say getting our guests back to the ship on time is not only highly monitored and high priority, but it's a matter of business survival. IF this was to EVER happen, not only would that operator be out of business, I would venture to think most independent operators in Belize would feel the impact because an Urban Legend would be a reality. So you can understand, how this could never happen, let me explain how things work in Belize:

Communication!!! Of course anyone can ask the question "What if" a van or boat broke down? I ask the same question back, what if a bus or boat broke down carrying guests on a ship sold tour? The answer would be the same whether you booked with the ship or an independent operator. A back-up vehicle would be called in, and the Port Agent would be notified to communicate with the ship. In most cases, the replacement vehicle would be returning to the port in time anyway, so there would be no ship delay in departing. But do you honestly believe the ship will leave KNOWING there are say 20 people on their way back and will be there in a few minutes. This information is only to explain the contingency plans if they should be needed.

A travel agent who says "book with the ship" is only covering their behind. If they recommend using an independent, who would you blame if something didn't go right?...I don't mean missing a ship since that can't happen...I mean just anything. We have many, many travel agents who book our tours with confidence because they experienced it for themselves, or researched the reputation. I know other operators have the same arrangements with agents. It's not the agents money or vacation, so of course they are going to tell you what they "think" is the right thing to do.

Anyone who has ever emailed me and asked about this issue, knows I am quite passionate about it. Of course the cruise lines want you to buy their tour so dropping the little fear hint about missing the ship aids in their sales. All I can say is that literally thousands of people each week use independent operators in Belize and I challenge anyone to find an incident where an operator caused a guest to miss a ship. I know from being on the inside that there are too many contingency and back-up plans in place to allow this to happen.

I fully respect everyone's opinion and position when selecting their activities for their vacation. This information is not meant to discount anyone's thoughts or opinions. I simply want to make sure everyone has the facts. Do yourself a favor...do your research and book an excursion that you are comfortable with. It is a known fact that you will get a more personal and less expensive tour with an independent operator. I just want you to know that you can feel comfortable that you will be returned to the ship on time.

I hope this provides some insight for tours in Belize. Thank you for listening."

Get to the tender designated area as early as possible and get your number. The earlier the better. Very important. If weather is good, then everything goes pretty smoothly.

I wanted FTTF but it was already sold out within days of booking my cruise. Boo! But thank you for answering all my questions. You've been a big help!

I wanted FTTF but it was already sold out within days of booking my cruise. Boo! But thank you for answering all my questions. You've been a big help!

Anytime! FTTF never pops up with me until within a few months of the cruise. You need to check everyday. I check at least twice a day. No problem! Have a great time!

Get to the tender designated area as early as possible and get your number. The earlier the better. Very important. If weather is good, then everything goes pretty smoothly.

I'm confused? ARe you talking about Cozumel?

I'm confused? ARe you talking about Cozumel?

They are talking about Belize. To be clear though, some ships do have to tender in Cozumel. I believe Puerto Maya is being expanded so that will help. I was there when 7 ships were in Cozumel. One of the NCL ships had to tender due to lack of pier berths.

• 2 weeks later...

BrotherCraig, Thank you for all of the information. We are visiting both ports next Jan. and I am trying to convince everyone that independent is the way to go. I also liked the dancing on the tables comment as we have been there too!

As far as FTTF, book it if its available. It really helps when there are tender ports. It also shows up sometimes even when it states its sold out so keep checking.

BrotherCraig, Thank you for all of the information. We are visiting both ports next Jan. and I am trying to convince everyone that independent is the way to go. I also liked the dancing on the tables comment as we have been there too!

As far as FTTF, book it if its available. It really helps when there are tender ports. It also shows up sometimes even when it states its sold out so keep checking.

After discussing my concerns with BrotherCraig, I booked all three of my excursions independently and was also able to purchase FTTF after checking twice a day like he recommended. He was very helpful and reassuring!!

Edited by leekristina25