Just off Navigator 8 nighter, my thoughts

I ordered the four meal package today. It seemed like the best deal for us, and it gives us a chance to repeat the one we like best. The only problem was that I wanted to start on Saturday night, but the times that were available were not great. So we'll have our first specialty dinner on Sunday.

I thought I would provide my thoughts/review on my recent 8 night cruise on Navigator of the Seas.

Flow Rider: The favorite activity of the trip for my 9 and 11 year old. We were disappointed that it was not up and running as much as we had been expecting though. The kids wanted to skip San Juan just to have more Flow Rider time with most people off the ship. Unfortunately it ended up only being open for 45 minutes that day. The sea days, it was open for like 4 hours boogie boarding, but the lines and waits got very long (a big reason we avoided WDW this year).

Anyway, overall, despite the few negatives I mentioned, I did have a good vacation. I think I would recommend the Navigator, but personally, would like to try one of the bigger ships next time.

Having been on Navigator, Independence and Allure which all have Flowriders my favorite would be Navigator or Independence not the mega size Allure. We enjoyed Allure for sure, but it was so so big. We are booked on Harmony (the newest Oasis class ship) which is of course the sister to Allure, but we did it because it will have waterslides and the other ships we could have gone on would not 'yet'.

When we were on Navigator this past November and the lines for Flowrider were not long at all. I actually found the wait time longer on Allure than on either Indy or Navigator. It may all be a function of how the staff schedules and keeps the line moving as much as how filled the ship itself is on the sailing you are on.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm going on the same cruise 4/16/16. We are booked for the train in St Kitts as well. Should we try to sit on a specific side? Closer to the guide? Just looking to make the best out of it since it wasn't your fave thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on this cruise April 16 th as well.

There are 5 cars on the train, the guide is on the first an they have PA system for the other cars. We were further back in the top (open air) level. The noise of the train couple with the guides very thick Caribbean accent made it hard to make out much. If I were to do it gain, I might try the inside lower section...maybe the noise of the train will be muffled somewhat. I might add that part of the tour was in a passenger van, we actually liked that part better as we could hear the guide and actually ask questions.

I was looking at the train tour but was concerned about being able to hear the guide. One in our group is hearing impaired. We opted to book a private tour in a minivan. Just our group on board. Sounds like it was a good choice.

Do I need to reserve a space to see every show? Here I am a month away and all shows are booked. This sucks. I much prefer HAL where you just attend a show and a reservation is not needed.

There are no shows to reserve pre-cruise on Navigator.

I called Customer Service and they told me the shows were all full.

I'm not sure why they would tell you this. So far as I know, no shows on the Navigator can be pre-reserved. Last year, we were on Liberty of the Seas and only the Ice Show could be reserved in advance. That has changed and even the Ice Show is first come first serve.

We are traveling on Navigator in a few weeks with a large group, and I want to be sure to get into the Ice Show, so I have confirmed twice with different group agents that it cannot be booked in advance.

We are on Navigator right now. No need to reserve shows. You just go to the ones you want to see. The ice show is now offered by muster station number, so no need to line up for tickets.

We are on Navigator right now. No need to reserve shows. You just go to the ones you want to see. The ice show is now offered by muster station number, so no need to line up for tickets.

Thank-you for the confirmation.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the info. :) Just asking in case you can maybe help shed some light for us? Muster Station number booking the ice show? We are family and will be staying in different parts of the ship on our forthcoming cruise. We will be spending the majority of time together and will want to go to the ice show altogether. Problem with this is that other muster station numbers will probably not be included in the same time booking as ours? :confused:

Hi Jim, Can you answer a question regarding leaving the ship at the end of the cruise? It docks at 5:30 am (yikes!!) do we have to be off right away? We'd like to hang out on the lido deck until 10:00 or so, do you think this will be possible? Thanks for your help, we sail on April 16....woo hoo :)

Hi Jim, Can you answer a question regarding leaving the ship at the end of the cruise? It docks at 5:30 am (yikes!!) do we have to be off right away? We'd like to hang out on the lido deck until 10:00 or so, do you think this will be possible? Thanks for your help, we sail on April 16....woo hoo :)

The earliest you can begin to get off will be 7:00 or 7:30.The ship has to be cleared and then the luggage starts to go off. We shoot for being off by 9:00 or 9:30 but as we require wheelchair assistance it's whenever they have folks available to assist us. It also depends on your color / numbered luggage tag. You get off the ship when your bags are off and you can go through customs / immigration.

The earliest you can begin to get off will be 7:00 or 7:30.The ship has to be cleared and then the luggage starts to go off. We shoot for being off by 9:00 or 9:30 but as we require wheelchair assistance it's whenever they have folks available to assist us. It also depends on your color / numbered luggage tag. You get off the ship when your bags are off and you can go through customs / immigration.

Or you can just do walk off with your luggage

Thanks for the reviews and comments. Our 8 night cruise on Navigator leaves on Saturday, so I was happy to read what you had to say.

Please let me know who the Activity Manager was on your sailing.....they usually co-host the Morning Show with the Cruise Director.

Please let me know who the Activity Manager was on your sailing.....they usually co-host the Morning Show with the Cruise Director.

His name was Jeffrey. Can't remember the last name. I'll have to look in my papers when I unpack.

Hi,

Can you explain the muster station/tickets? Do you mean that everyone at a particular muster station is assigned a particular area at the rink . . . like if you are at muster station #1, there will be a section identified for muster station #1? And what do you do for identification . . do you get an actual ticket for entrance? Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me. Diane

Hi,

Can you explain the muster station/tickets? Do you mean that everyone at a particular muster station is assigned a particular area at the rink . . . like if you are at muster station #1, there will be a section identified for muster station #1? And what do you do for identification . . do you get an actual ticket for entrance? Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me. Diane

Your muster station is on your sea pass card

Hi,

No, it means that everyone in a set of muster stations is assigned to a particular performance, and they can sit anywhere they like in the venue during that performance.