Just off Navigator 8 nighter, my thoughts

No, it means that everyone in a set of muster stations is assigned to a particular performance, and they can sit anywhere they like in the venue during that performance.

Are there areas set aside for wheelchair users and their partners/carers, both in the Ice show arena and the theatre?

Hi,

Can you explain the muster station/tickets? Do you mean that everyone at a particular muster station is assigned a particular area at the rink . . . like if you are at muster station #1, there will be a section identified for muster station #1? And what do you do for identification . . do you get an actual ticket for entrance? Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me. Diane

Technically each muster station is assigned to one of the ice show times. They are on the first sea day and last sea day of the cruise. In reality you can go to any of the shows. The did not check room keys for muster station. We went to two of the shows to because my daughter liked it and there were always open seats if you did not mind sitting around the top of the rink. I think those seats are better anyway. I am sure if there was standing room only they might implement some type of checking, but as long as there is space, they really don't do much beyond the suggested show time.

Its clear to me that food quality is seriously gone down hill. Royal are cutting costs back to increase margins.

Its worse now than 2 years ago by a huge margin.

Just got off the Navigator yesterday. 8 night itinerary. We've done four other RCI cruises the past four years on a variety of ships and found the food just as good this cruise as all of our others. Food in the main dining room was comparable. The lobster on the second formal night was the best we've had in the last few cruises. Food in the café promenade was always ready and well-prepared, and the pizza was surprisingly good. Of course YMMV.

I will say that I am getting a little bored with the same menus every cruise.

Dan

Just got off the Navigator yesterday. 8 night itinerary. We've done four other RCI cruises the past four years on a variety of ships and found the food just as good this cruise as all of our others. Food in the main dining room was comparable. The lobster on the second formal night was the best we've had in the last few cruises. Food in the café promenade was always ready and well-prepared, and the pizza was surprisingly good. Of course YMMV.

I will say that I am getting a little bored with the same menus every cruise.

Dan

There are plenty of people who say the food is much worse now on Royal ships than years ago. Like you, I disagree. What I do believe has changed is there is no "French service" like there was on our first cruise back in 2004. They don't have lots of silverware and glasses that I won't be using, that needs to be removed from the table by the wait staff. The service has become more like a friendly town restaurant, rather than a 5 Star Restaurant in a big city. I do want my water glass filled often and I let my wait staff know on the first night that is important to me....and viola, it is done all sailing.

Serving size has gotten a little smaller, and that is fine....if I want more, I just ask for it. Some times I order two entrees, which is fine....or sometimes two appetizers, also fine. Food is prepared properly for me, as long as I tell them HOW I WANT IT. They can't guess. Usually by the 3rd night, if I keep ordering things medium/rare, they have figured it out, if I am ordering a steak. By the 2nd night they know what I like for dessert --- because I tell them on the first night. No secrets from me.....that is how the service gets better and done faster.

All in all, I never leave a sailing hungry. I am happy if I weight the same weight as the day I embarked on the sailing....that means I did plenty of walking to burn the calories I consumed.

Thanks for posting. Thinking about going on the Navigator next January out of Miami for a 9 day.

After being on two Freedom class, one Oasis class, and one Voyager class ships, I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Navigator again.

To me, the only drawbacks were the salt water pools and the lower quality of the production shows. (However, the Ice Skating show was the best we've seen to date).

Dan

After being on two Freedom class, one Oasis class, and one Voyager class ships, I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Navigator again.

To me, the only drawbacks were the salt water pools and the lower quality of the production shows. (However, the Ice Skating show was the best we've seen to date).

Dan

yeah I was on the Adventure last May and it wasn't too bad. I knew it was all about the ports of call I wanted to see. Again if I pick next January it would be for the same reasons. I didn't mind that size of ship at all it still was a decent size. I agree I did not like the salt water pools too much though

Dan

We loved the ice show. The production shows were pretty good, especially the singer named Whitney. The jugglers put on a very entertaining show. Of course, Love & Marriage and Quest were great. We also enjoyed the Karoke finals. The only show we disliked was the comedian the first night. We aren't prudes, but we found him to be vulgar. As well he was difficult to understand. The music entertainment in the bars was good.