My View: Navigator Spring Break and Cabin 7388

APDMOM

Thank you for every picture and all the time it took to do your review. Enjoyed reading it. I even went over to your photos of the NCL Dawn since that was our first ship ever. :) Good memories.

Joyce

You are welcome! Dawn has a special place in our memories too! We love reading the old reviews, as they become our personal photo album/travel diary. :)

Oh my gosh, what an absolutely awesome review thread! I only scanned thru the posts and have not, and may not, have the time to click on all the links. We sail in 7 days on Navigator and I'm just looking for answers to some last minute questions. Maybe you can help.

1) Regarding the Muster Drill, do you know how they handle mobility challenged guests. My mother-in-law has difficulty with stairs and walking great distances. We have rented a transfer type wheelchair for her for this cruise (which is her first). I'm a little concerned about her ability to handle the muster drill.

2) On that same topic, how do they handle mobility challenged guests in the pier area for check-in. We will not have the wheelchair for check in as it is being delivered directly to her cabin.

Thanks again for your sharing your experience with us.

Oh my gosh, what an absolutely awesome review thread! I only scanned thru the posts and have not, and may not, have the time to click on all the links. We sail in 7 days on Navigator and I'm just looking for answers to some last minute questions. Maybe you can help.

1) Regarding the Muster Drill, do you know how they handle mobility challenged guests. My mother-in-law has difficulty with stairs and walking great distances. We have rented a transfer type wheelchair for her for this cruise (which is her first). I'm a little concerned about her ability to handle the muster drill.

2) On that same topic, how do they handle mobility challenged guests in the pier area for check-in. We will not have the wheelchair for check in as it is being delivered directly to her cabin.

You are welcome!

I do not have an answer for this, but there is one muster station in the dining room. That may be an option for your mom. Be sure to fill out this special needs form for pier assistance, etc. ASAP:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Hope it all goes well! Our dining room waiter was in charge of helping people in wheelchairs in Labadee, so I know they have services available. He was a wonderful waiter, and I am sure he would be equally great for people with mobility challenges. :)

We booked the Navigator for April 24th because we hadn't been on her…but were not overly excited. After reading your review and looking at your photos we are VERY excited. We are now ready to get packing!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT REVIEW.

We booked the Navigator for April 24th because we hadn't been on her…but were not overly excited. After reading your review and looking at your photos we are VERY excited. We are now ready to get packing!!!

THANK YOU FOR THE EXCELLENT REVIEW.

Wow, those are kind words from a distiguished cruising couple! Thank you! :)I hope the cruise exceeds your expectations.

My mother is also unable to do stair s and they let her use the elevator for the drill. You just have to ask one of the crew by the elevators. We usually would send the rest down and she would come with me.

It looks like I cannot change to font color on TapaTalk, so I will have to make separate posts for tips:

So far, I recommend parking at Park 'n' Go. You can prepay online to save even more. Our experience with them this time was excellent... more on that later.

Also, the Star Lounge is a great and quiet place to wait for rooms to be ready. You can just walk out the side door to reach the helipad too.

Can you tell me if there were steps to access the helipad out of the lounge doors? My Son is in a wheelchair and we have never figured out how to get to the helipad without stairs.

Can you tell me if there were steps to access the helipad out of the lounge doors? My Son is in a wheelchair and we have never figured out how to get to the helipad without stairs.

Yes, there are stairs from the deck 5 level up to the helipad level.

My mother is also unable to do stair s and they let her use the elevator for the drill. You just have to ask one of the crew by the elevators. We usually would send the rest down and she would come with me.

Thank you, Mar915, very good to know. We will definitely make those arrangements.

Thanks for your fantastic review, I loved all the information and photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review. Thank you for posting!

Thanks! It was fun writing and reliving our great experience on Navigator.

Also, to those who are helping out to answer questions - Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Yahoo! We are booked on Navigator again... Corner aft 7688 (We had to try the other side of the ship too) :D

At $97 per person per day, 9 days of cruising in our corner aft, and a visit to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao, we could not resist.

Yahoo! We are booked on Navigator again... Corner aft 7688 (We had to try the other side of the ship too) :D

At $97 per person per day, 9 days of cruising in our corner aft, and a visit to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao, we could not resist.

We are considering a 9 day Navigator cruise that begins on 2/16/18; but it isn't that low on a per person daily rate.

We were on the Navigator last year out of Galveston and were lucky enough to do a cabin crawl with the CC bunch. Cabin 7388 was a stop on the crawl, DW and I have tried to find a sailing we liked with that cabin available for some time now.

Found the same itinerary you mention for 1/6/17 9 day out of Miami. It was a bit more at about $110 PP per day. After that cabin crawl and your report(thanks by the way), we booked this cabin. Looking forward...........

We are considering a 9 day Navigator cruise that begins on 2/16/18; but it isn't that low on a per person daily rate.

Paulette, I failed to mention we have 3 in the cabin, so that partly accounts for the low price. We have never been so lucky with a balcony on Royal. We usually pay around $130 per person per day (incl taxes and fees only, not gratuities). We frequently cruise during school holidays, as I work in the schools...so we are used to much higher rates. Very happy with this one!:D

Hopefully that price will drop for you too! :)

We were on the Navigator last year out of Galveston and were lucky enough to do a cabin crawl with the CC bunch. Cabin 7388 was a stop on the crawl, DW and I have tried to find a sailing we liked with that cabin available for some time now.

Found the same itinerary you mention for 1/6/17 9 day out of Miami. It was a bit more at about $110 PP per day. After that cabin crawl and your report(thanks by the way), we booked this cabin. Looking forward...........

Oh, you will love it! I am glad you were able to get it - and on a nine day cruise, too! :)

Paulette, I failed to mention we have 3 in the cabin, so that partly accounts for the low price. We have never been so lucky with a balcony on Royal. We usually pay around $130 per person per day (incl taxes and fees only, not gratuities). We frequently cruise during school holidays, as I work in the schools...so we are used to much higher rates. Very happy with this one!:D

Hopefully that price will drop for you too! :)

Although we do not work in schools we often take our vacation time using a legal holiday as one of the vacation days, to 'save' a vacation day, so often we are going during Presidents Week. In February 2017, we depart on Harmony on 2/18 for a 7 day cruise....we got an incredible price for a balcony cabin...and we booked it the very first day those sailing became available for booking.

With what we are seeing for Presidents Week 2018, it will be a wait and see....and if prices don't come down some/sum, maybe we will try something else (not our first choice, I can honestly say).

We are in 7388 this week. All is good, but our room steward (Betty) left for vacation this week (Jamaica) and will be off for a few months - then on to Anthem. This is sad news since she was great, and the replacement appears to be a new recruit. Otherwise it has been a great trip!