How to unsubscribe?

Vict0riann

Over time, I have subscribed to quite a few threads!:D:eek: As we will be cruising in a few days:), I thought it would be a good idea to unsubscribe to a few (hundred)! When I check my user CP it shows a few that I am subscribed to and gives me the option to unsubscribe, but when I click on "View all subscribed threads" it doesn't give me that option - I can't figure out how to go back and undo everything! Help! (Please:))

From a computer if you have a list of your threads (hundreds would take several pages in the list) at the top you should have a box immediately right of "Notifications" in the title line. Click the box to the right of "Notifications" to select all threads, and then go to the bottom of the list and change "move to folder" to "Delete subscriptions". Don't know if that's just for the current page or all threads but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Roy

From a computer if you have a list of your threads (hundreds would take several pages in the list) at the top you should have a box immediately right of "Notifications" in the title line. Click the box to the right of "Notifications" to select all threads, and then go to the bottom of the list and change "move to folder" to "Delete subscriptions". Don't know if that's just for the current page or all threads but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Roy

You beat me to the punch - this is exactly how I go about deleting "Subscriptions" on here. OP, to get to the list, go down the User CP menu to "Subscribed Threads" and click on "List Subscriptions". Good, clear and concise advice.

Edited by avian777

So, I deleted about 10 pages worth, amazing to see how many were sail-away threads!:eek::D I guess I am definitely an addict! I even wanted to go back and read some over.

I have about 45 pages to go, but at least I've cleared out back to November '15.... That should mean that I won't get too many emails on Westie - actually we'll get the full package of internet if it's like last year, when it worked out to less than $10 a day. I get it for 23 hours a day, and DH can have an hour if he insists!:cool:

Thanks for your help. There's a lot I don't know about CC - like what's with "folders"? Does everybody keep stuff in them?

So, I deleted about 10 pages worth, ...

I have about 45 pages to go, ...

Wow!! Maybe you should turn off auto-subscribe? ;)

User CP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notifications > Default thread subscription mode > Do Not Subscribe

Haha - But then what would I do all day?:D
I don't subscribe to every thread I post on, and trim the list down every couple of weeks. Typically I have 10 to 20 subscribed threads at a time. That doesn't stop me from wasting way too much time here! :D

Why not adjust your settings so that you get the check mark noting whichever threads you have posted in, but get no e-mails letting you know about a new post in them.

You'll see there's a new post when you sign on, and the thread is bolded.

Even if it's been a long time, and the thread has reverted from red to blue, if it's bumped, you'll see the check mark, and know you were in it. But you won't get all those nagging e-mails.

Okay, I have cleaned house, and got my subscribed list down to 18 threads! I feel lighter already.:) I do like getting emails, and I think I will be able to handle everything now.

I will try to be a good little housewife and clean up regularly! Thanks all, for your help and advice.

Okay, I have cleaned house, and got my subscribed list down to 18 threads! I feel lighter already.:) I do like getting emails, and I think I will be able to handle everything now.

I will try to be a good little housewife and clean up regularly! Thanks all, for your help and advice.

Yes, but now there's more room in your suitcase and your clothes are loose! Have a great trip!