Any "not to be missed" food items on HAL?

Details

My DH also enjoyed HAL's lamb.

if I see lamb on a hal menu - I'm done deciding about my entrée :D

I'd order it over lobster or filet.

we also never miss a lunch desert (or 2) of the bread pudding. it's something I never make at home:)

for lunch DH enjoys a nice salad from the lido salad bar taken over to the entrée section of the buffet to be topped with the hot filet of fish of the day. he squeezes fresh lemon over it all for dressing ... (thus saving extra calories for the bread pudding or other yummy delight LOL)

Edited by summersigh

I know I'm a bit strange, but my favorite thing on HAL is the Raisin Bun that is served at the Lido Buffet for breakfast. I promise myself that I will be good and just eat one each morning. By the end of the cruise, I've given up and will get three!

I agree with everyone who said the lamb is fantastic. I rarely make lamb at home because my family doesn't really like lamb so I order it whenever it is on the menu. I am also a glutton for the bread pudding in all its variations. I also really like the pea soup they serve on deck when the ship is in glacier bay.

Edited by rmmm

If you are not against paying for specialty dining, we found dinner in the Pinnacle Grill to be a very nice dining experience. DH enjoyed the filet, it was tender and cooked nicely. I thought the halibut with shrimp scampi was very good, and the veggie sides tasted fresh and tender-crisp. Also if you want something extra special (but also pricier @$49 per person) the Dinner at LeCirque held at the Pinnacle Grill was superb. We thought it was worth the cover charge. We made reservations for LeCirque again for our upcoming cruise, we booked early as we don't want to miss that. We thought the Gala Night meals in the MDR were very good too, the steak and shrimp on the first night and the filet and lobster tails on the second Gala Night were yummy.

There are many favourite foods...the morning muffins in the Lido, the afternoon cookies...they are so-o-o good. I think someone else mentioned the traditional turkey dinner...always very good, especially since you can get up from the table and not face/deal with the clean-up.