Carnival Splendor Shore Excursions

WChevett

Hello everyone. My girlfriend and I are cruising out of Miami May 15 on Carnival Splendor heading to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We are looking for ideas for shore excursions in Ocho Rios. Are the cruise line provided excursions worth it? Should we go with something local?

It all depends on what kinds of activities you prefer. In Cozumel it's easy and affordable to catch a taxi to a beach. There are several "all inclusives" in Cozumel if that is something you'd be interested in. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend Paradise Beach. For a very low entry fee of $3 pp you have access to their beach, pool, restrooms, and changing rooms. They do want you to spend money on food while you are there but they didnt pressure us at all. Cozumel also has lots of shopping right by the ship. A great place for souvenirs is Los Cinco Soles which is located in the port and also downtown. Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman is beautiful and you can easily take a taxi or the bus to one of the resorts or the public beach. I have not been to Ocho Rios so can't advise there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I personally would stay away from cruise ship excursion. We used Courtney Taylor tours last time we were in Ocho Rios. He took us on a tour , to Blue Hole, River tubing, lunch at Scotchies (a must). They are wonderful and very professional. Go to trip advisor and see their reviews.

It all depends on what kinds of activities you prefer. In Cozumel it's easy and affordable to catch a taxi to a beach. There are several "all inclusives" in Cozumel if that is something you'd be interested in. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend Paradise Beach. For a very low entry fee of $3 pp you have access to their beach, pool, restrooms, and changing rooms. They do want you to spend money on food while you are there but they didnt pressure us at all. Cozumel also has lots of shopping right by the ship. A great place for souvenirs is Los Cinco Soles which is located in the port and also downtown. Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman is beautiful and you can easily take a taxi or the bus to one of the resorts or the public beach. I have not been to Ocho Rios so can't advise there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks! If OP doesn't use this information, I definitely am going to :D Thanks for the tip.

Edited by mizzoutiger76

We have been to Ochos Rios at least 7 times. Some of the excursions we have done (all thru the cruise ship) are the Cool Running Catamaran/Dunns River Falls, River Tubing, zip-lining, Jamaica bobsled, snorkeling, atv's. We use the cruise line excursions because we are always worried about possibly missing the ship, and for the extra few dollars it gives us peace of mind. (one of my children is special needs)