Ladies: Do you wear the same outfit twice?

trubey

Hello,

I have 2 reversable dresses.. They are exactly the same style .. different print per side. both are floor length and sleevess! and really comfy!! Aqua and coral.

As for the jewelry, I wear that out to very fine restaurants with my family or with my fiance. Also to family gatherings; to work conferences. and to Friends festivities. I do not wear anything i would hate to lose on a cruise. At home .. I can drive, walk or phone to look for it. On a cruise. if you don't notice its gone.. its gone. I also don't bring Pictures that I don't have copies to.. or negatives.

For travel.. I like to have fun without garnering any "wrong" attention or losing anything precious that I cannot replace. So far this rule of thumb has saved me many hours of anxiety and suffering I have seen others go thru. I respect the wisdom of their hindsight and learn to act accordingly... with vision and with laughter!

The best tip I have ever been given is:-

Lay out everything on the bed you intend to pack and then put half of it back in the wardrobe! lol It has always worked for me and I no longer break my husbands back carrying it!

Who cares and who remembers if you where wearing the same outfit! Men get away with it why can't we!

Not ALL men get away with it. I just started my packing list for my upcoming transatlantic. I'll have 3 separate formal looks, 4 separate informal. I will mix and match the 7 casual nights. I love the tip about putting half back. I'm cutting down to only 4 pairs of shoes, so that's some progress :o

Do I notice? Yes. Do I care? No.

Today I tried on a lot of the clothes that I am planning on bringing on my cruise. I am going on a 14 day cruise on the Veendam, leaving on November 26th. Bummer. The formal clothes that I have used for the last 15 years do not live up to my standards any more. The sequin tops have huge shoulder pads, making me look like a linebacker. So, I will be in the market for some new tops.

I get confused about semi formal and casual, but I still do not have enough changes for the 14 days. So, I will be wearing some things more than once. I have always mixed and matched out day wear, different tops and shorts/slacks combos. This helps out with keeping the packing list pared down.

For the past few cruises I have always brought a long black skirt and various tops for the Formal nights, not wearing the same outfit twice. I have enough tops to not repeat even if there were 5 or 6 formal nights!

I am now sick of wearing black and have decided that on our South American cruise I will wear lighter coloured formal wear. As there will be four formal nights, I may have to repeat one of the outfits but as we will be in the Southern hemisphere and it will be summer, I am dressing according to the season.

I always have enough outfits for informal nights not to double up and for casual I still dress up but do more of a mix and match with black pants and tops. I wouldn't dream of going to dinner without having a shower and changing except for the first night on board. We have usually come from a hotel near the ship and are dressed in good casual clothes. I think you call it in the U.S. "Club fashion".

It is hard to pack when we have to travel so far and worry about weight but I think we did extremely well on our last cruise. We were away for 5 weeks, visiting hot New York and Boston, freezing cold Greenland and Iceland and then temperate Switzerland. We only took one case each and my DH had a pack with his formal clothes in. I wore a different outfit every day and evening and felt well dressed.

I did take some of my good jewellerey on that trip but when we go to S.A. in January I am taking copies as I believe it is thieves paradise.

Jennie

Dear Aussie Gal, thought of you today and saw the most splendid long gold full skirt.. now I am a romantic sentimentalist.. There was this old movie with Grace Kelly, To Catch a Thief and she wore this magnificent gold dress. well this skirt was so similar with out all the boof.. out.. if you know what i mean. very very elegant and thought you could still do diff tops..

was this a good idea??

Dear Aussie Gal, thought of you today and saw the most splendid long gold full skirt.. now I am a romantic sentimentalist.. There was this old movie with Grace Kelly, To Catch a Thief and she wore this magnificent gold dress. well this skirt was so similar with out all the boof.. out.. if you know what i mean. very very elegant and thought you could still do diff tops..

was this a good idea??

You are so kind to have been thinking of me. Yes that would be lovely. If only I lived in your part of the world!!

I adore Grace Kelly and always loved everything she wore. In fact my 12 year old granddaughter has just done a presentation on her. She borrowed my long white gloves (wore them at my 21st) and also my Oroton gold mesh bag (again carried it at my 21st) for the powerpoint presentation of her life. Apparently she dressed up in a 50's outfit and looked wonderful. We were away at the time so missed it, but her my daughter said she certainly looked the part.

I love elegant clothes and as I am still slim I can wear them. It is just finding the right ones. ;)

Jennie

Not ALL men get away with it. I just started my packing list for my upcoming transatlantic. I'll have 3 separate formal looks, 4 separate informal. I will mix and match the 7 casual nights. I love the tip about putting half back. I'm cutting down to only 4 pairs of shoes, so that's some progress :o

Do I notice? Yes. Do I care? No.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa hold it wohomatey3 I didn't mention shoes lmao

A girl can never have too many shoes, put themback in the case hun u might need them

This thread got started on the day I came back from my cruise and since I have been so busy I have not had a chance to read or reply. My first thought was from cruise to cruise. But that is the blonde in me. Since I have only taken 7 day cruises and usually bring back clean clothes I never wore:D ( I tend to over pack) I do tend to wear my same formal wear each cruise. I have 6 Formal dresses broke down into thinnest, weighing much more and where I am now:D I actually have two dresses that are exactly the same just two sizes apart. The one thing I did not do on last week's cruise was run and around and get our pictures taken. We already have many and they are in the same dresses with some of the same back grounds. I would never be able to tell which cruise apart. Actually this past cruise I spent the least amount of money ever on photos.

Archived