Malaga..Location of Enterprise Car Rental at Train Station

renroc13

We will be taking a taxi from the port to pick up a car in Malaga. I do not know how large the train station is and I am wondering where we should have the taxi drop us off (with luggage) when we arrive at the station? Are the car rental offices inside the station? Outside? Across the street? Is there a side or back entrance we should use?

Location is Enterprise Rent a Car

Estacion Ave Malaga

Malaga 29002

We always get so much help from these boards. And we always try to provide others with information when we have it. We have rented at the airport before but decided it would be closer to rent from the train station on this trip but I do not know Malaga as well as I know Marbella.

Thank you in advance ...

Karen

We will be taking a taxi from the port to pick up a car in Malaga. I do not know how large the train station is and I am wondering where we should have the taxi drop us off (with luggage) when we arrive at the station? Are the car rental offices inside the station? Outside? Across the street? Is there a side or back entrance we should use?

Location is Enterprise Rent a Car

Estacion Ave Malaga

Malaga 29002

We always get so much help from these boards. And we always try to provide others with information when we have it. We have rented at the airport before but decided it would be closer to rent from the train station on this trip but I do not know Malaga as well as I know Marbella.

Thank you in advance ...

Karen

Hi Karen

The station is large and set in a fairly big shopping mall (Vialia).

I have asked a friend of mine who lives near the station for you about the Enterprise office and this is his reply

<<All the car rental companies are located in the mall, beside the ticket office of the train station.>>

So you need to get a taxi to the main entrance of the Vialia mall and follow signs for the station.

Hi Karen

The station is large and set in a fairly big shopping mall (Vialia).

I have asked a friend of mine who lives near the station for you about the Enterprise office and this is his reply

<<All the car rental companies are located in the mall, beside the ticket office of the train station.>>

So you need to get a taxi to the main entrance of the Vialia mall and follow signs for the station.

Thank you so much for your assistance.......

Karen

Does anyone know if there are any car rental opportunities at the port? We will only be there for the day and want to see the Alhambra. I've rented at the train station before but it's a bit of a pain. TIA!

Malaga Car offer port collection/drop off and are a very well known firm in this area http://www.malagacar.com/

Make sure that you allow plenty of time to get back from Granada as the motorway from there to Malaga is notorious for severe delays. Personally a visit to Granada and the Alhambra is the one tour I would only do on an organised ship excursion so you have the peace of mind knowing that the ship will wait for you if you are late back.

By the way, you need to buy your tickets for the Alhambra well ahead as they sell out quickly - they go on sale 3 months in advance; remember to book tickets late enough to allow toy plenty of time to get to the Alhambra as tickets are strictly timed and you only have a half hour window of admission.

Edited by campolady

Malaga Car offer port collection/drop off and are a very well known firm in this area http://www.malagacar.com/

Make sure that you allow plenty of time to get back from Granada as the motorway from there to Malaga is notorious for severe delays. Personally a visit to Granada and the Alhambra is the one tour I would only do on an organised ship excursion so you have the peace of mind knowing that the ship will wait for you if you are late back.

By the way, you need to buy your tickets for the Alhambra well ahead as they sell out quickly - they go on sale 3 months in advance; remember to book tickets late enough to allow toy plenty of time to get to the Alhambra as tickets are strictly timed and you only have a half hour window of admission.

Great information, thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Agree...we only did it on our own when we spent two weeks in Marbella. Better safe on this one.

Karen

BTW I did email the other car company to see if we could pick up at the port and they never got back to me. That was a first for me. We are disembarking in Malaga but the ship goes on to Barcelona.

Karen