warning about keeping balcony door open when having a cabin with an adjoining door.

vmom

We were impacted because there was an adjoining door between the 2 cabins.

There was a small space between the floor and the doors, just like in your home doors. This space allowed the wind to come through. Because the space is small, more air is pushed through a small opening causing a loud whistle noise (in this case a very loud whistle).

The air came through the bottom of the door causing a pretty hefty breeze. I was able to feel the breeze when standing close to the door and when I put my hand by the bottom of the door, the breeze was strong.

Did you put a towel on the crease where the noise was coming from?

On our last cruise, unbeknownst to us, our friends next door had their balcony door open. I went over to ask them something and when they opened the hall door, it was like releasing the hounds of hell - there were papers flying all over the room and out the door at me! I seriously could not believe the wind tunnel it created, so I can only imagine the loud whistling there would have been, in the event we had a connecting door between the cabins.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

ger_77

I once had the same experience PLUS in the extreme air movements I lost control of the door handle and it slammed shut with such violence, had any body part been in the way it definitely would have been crushed. I still shutter thinking about it.