I didn't know this about upsell phone #

riddle

I called the upsell # for the first time yesterday to see if I could upsell from oceanview to balcony. I found out the upsell # was just for those wanting to upsell into suites. I had never heard this before.

Keep in mind the normal process is don't call us we will call you. A few years ago the number circulated here and they shut down all incoming requests. People started calling months in advance and the very limited staff was overwhelmed. I expect the same to happen soon.

Edited by time2cruise1

Always take a look on some of the cruise deal sites the week or the week before your cruise.

Many time the cabins are a fraction of what you paid.

And a balcony can be cheaper than what you paid for an OV.

If you call and complain about this..they will be likely to upgrade you or at the very least up sell you.

I was trying to do an upsell from oceanview to balcony but since we have 4 in the room (2 little ones) I was told that on the Dawn only 8-9% of the balconies hold 4 people. Since the website says balconies are sold out they told me it did not hold much hope. By the way, the oceanview is a comp from CAS, don't know if that matters or not.

I called the upsell # for the first time yesterday to see if I could upsell from oceanview to balcony. I found out the upsell # was just for those wanting to upsell into suites. I had never heard this before.

I had an upsell from inside to balcony. Once when I called the rep stated there were no suites, and I simply told her I didn't want a suite.