Vacation math vs common core, both are silly

smurf1635

What?! Carnival still makes all adults in a room purchase the drinks package? Are they the only cruiseline to still do this? Maybe you should shop around.

yes, carnival still requires this. no, there are other cruise lines that do the same thing.......ncl comes to mind....

but will you remember the cruise.......;)

Yes, we will remember the cruise. We are not big drinkers, but do enjoy having a couple of drinks during the day and a couple more at the comedy clubs or maybe with dinner. We also like to have a coffee treat most days. I dont see myself ever reaching the 15 drink limit, but enjoy being able to unwind and do what I normally don't do at home during my vacation. My point really was, as much as we've enjoyed visiting an AI on port days, it makes more sense to just save the money, add it to the cost of cheers and enjoy the ship and all it does offer.

We recently sailed NCL with the drink package, and it was really quite nice to not have to think twice about ordering from the bar and Carnival's cheers package is actually a better deal, IMO.

Yes, we will remember the cruise. We are not big drinkers, but do enjoy having a couple of drinks during the day and a couple more at the comedy clubs or maybe with dinner.

You're saying you drink 4 drinks a day. That doesn't add up to $50 a day. You'd save even more money by skipping Cheers and just paying as-you-go for drinks.

Remember this is the cruise line that had to institute the no plastic bottle rule because of smuggling .

I will disagree with you on that one. They did it as a way to increase profitability and control all soft drinks.

This is the same cruise line that figured out how to set up a free drink party in a way that it would fail.

You're saying you drink 4 drinks a day. That doesn't add up to $50 a day. You'd save even more money by skipping Cheers and just paying as-you-go for drinks.

True, but then you add in some coffee drinks, soda, bottle water, juice.........

I will disagree with you on that one. They did it as a way to increase profitability and control all soft drinks.

This is the same cruise line that figured out how to set up a free drink party in a way that it would fail.

Are you aware that you can still bring on canned sodas (because smugglers haven't figured out how to reseal cans ).

Are you aware you can buy 12 waters for a whole 4 bucks on Carnival ? So how are they controlling all soft drinks ? :confused:

I really like the Carnival product . Unfortunately the problem with Carnival (and for Carnival) is their clientele .

There are enough people who would see it as buy one get one free opportunity ,especially with the recent changes .

Remember this is the cruise line that had to institute the no plastic bottle rule because of smuggling .

I totally agree with your assessment. The same ones that would get caught sharing their drinks and then go to Guest Services to remove auto-tips in spite!

Are you aware that you can still bring on canned sodas (because smugglers haven't figured out how to reseal cans ).

Are you aware you can buy 12 waters for a whole 4 bucks on Carnival ? So how are they controlling all soft drinks ? :confused:

i concur. i take my soda on in cans now and i take 2 empty soda bottles with me. pour the cans into the bottle and i'm good to go. this action was taken purely to try and stop smugglers in my opinion and i think it helps even though it also hurts those who did not smuggle.