Final Four/NCAA Championship

Good luck. Last year on the Epic for the First Ever National Championship Game it turned into a real fiasco?

After ship officers telling us it wasn't a big deal, and O'Sheehans getting overrun with football fans, did they finally put it on the atrium TV.

Had to set up about 100 more folding chairs so people could sit.

We just got off the Escape. We are huge March Madness fans. Very disappointed with the coverage on board. There was one sports channel, that had soccer, cricket, and a few basketball games. I'm not sure if they will broadcast it, since we only saw games that were aired on ESPN. Good luck, I hope your sports coverage for the games are better than it was for us!!

It may be way too late, but a good idea is to send an email to the Cruise Director on the ship a month out and request.:)

I'm hoping whoever's onboard now is taking up the charge! I'll try sending an e-mail to the concierge...might as well look needy and demanding before I board, lol!

We were on the Pearl two weeks ago before first round. I asked CD at the Meet & Greet if she could get coverage. She said she would try. We had coverage. She later told me that after my request it went fleet wide. Don't know if that continues through the tournament.

We got reception in our room.

We were on the Pearl two weeks ago before first round. I asked CD at the Meet & Greet if she could get coverage. She said she would try. We had coverage. She later told me that after my request it went fleet wide. Don't know if that continues through the tournament.

We got reception in our room.

But were those CBS games or TBS games? The tourney was previously airing on both.

Continuing on post #2

I was really shocked at how callous the officers were at our CC meet & greet when I asked about College FB National Championship game being shown.

First untruth was about Rights to show the game, when in fact I received an email a month before cruise that NCL was having a party for $20.00 per person.

Obviously not many were willing to pay extra, so NCL surmised people weren't interested in Seeing the game.

It was kind of funny seeing some of the same officers standing watch in O 'Sheehans watching the chaos.

Then they reacted, when it became an overcrowding/understaffed issue.

I'm hoping that when we attend the cocktail party for Suite passengers that if I bring it up in person, maybe they'll take a hint....like they may have a rebellion on their hands, lol! If they truly can't get TBS that will suck big time...and too bad that the NCAA finals didn't get picked up by CBS, but I guess we'll have to see. I bet that there are plenty of Upstate New Yorkers and Philly folks onboard that will be sorely disappointed to find out that it's not available. We are so used to Carnival and having more stations that it didn't even occur to me....I also assumed it would be on CBS. DH may have my head!

That's terrible. Too bad it's TBS. The women's Final Four (also Syracuse!) is on ESPN. We were on the Gem in Feb. during the Super Bowl, and they showed it in the theatre on ESPN Caribbean. (It was a hoot to see commercials for cricket matches.)

Sorry some of you had the wrong Cruise Director. Ours on the Pearl was very happy to be able to accommodate. She mentioned the problems with licensing but still came through.

Frankly, I thought it was an ESPN feed. Sure, we didn't get every game, but it was enough to satisfy. There were always pre-game, halftime, post-game and cutaways to other games.