Premium Deluxe Balcony on Royal Princess

jamescruise07

Not sure you are aware of this

(from cruisedeckplans.com)

"Aft facing balconies are open to view from deck above and vary in size. The largest aft facing balconies are on Marina, Riviera,and Dolphin decks. The smallest aft facing balconies are on Aloha and Caribe decks. Baja and Dolphin aft balconies are partially covered In addition there have been some complaints about soot all over the balcony from the smoke stack."

Don't think I would pay extra for one of those......We just got off the Royal and would see the room stewards cleaning the furniture on those balconies.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any pictures of A738/ A739 on Royal Princess or similar cabins over the aft as wondering whether it is worth paying the money for the bigger balcony. Thanks

The lower aft balances on the Royal are large then almost any on the ship and mostly covered. They also come with a small couch in the room. We have sailed in D730 and D731 on 20 plus day cruises and never had problems with soot.

My wife and I are booked on a Royal cruise next year. We have not cruised very much and this is our first Princess cruise.

We booked an Owner's Suite A735 (Aloha deck as most of you know!) but after reading comments here I am concerned perhaps this is not our best choice. Rivera R731 is still available.

Would it be better for us to change suites?

Thanks for any help and your patience. I realize that many questions get asked over and over but I could not find a direct answer to my question.