Wheelchair transfers from Barcelona to ship

Hello everyone, we have cruised with RC about 8 years ago and loved it, however my husband had a stroke 3 years ago which has left him using a powered wheelchair. Since then we have cruised with Fred Olsen directly from Belfast (we live in Northern Ireland) which meant just driving to Belfast and taking the wheelchair onto the ship. but we have now booked with RC which involves flying from Dublin to Barcelona and we are a bit apprehensive about the flight etc and how we get from the airport to the liner..

The chair needs to be lifted on a hoist as it weighs 72kg so would not be suitable for a regular coach. Can anyone else give me any advice or has anyone had experience of this. Thank you

Hi, I would persume that the cruise you have booked would include transfer from airport to ship and vise versa.I would contact RC special needs department and explain your situation. If they lay on transport for able bodied passengers(included in cost of cruise) they must lay on a suitable means of transport for disabled passengers and not charge you any extra. Thomas cook recently lost a court case and appeal about charging extra for putting on suitable transport.

Hope this is of help .

Hi, I would persume that the cruise you have booked would include transfer from airport to ship and vise versa.I would contact RC special needs department and explain your situation. If they lay on transport for able bodied passengers(included in cost of cruise) they must lay on a suitable means of transport for disabled passengers and not charge you any extra. Thomas cook recently lost a court case and appeal about charging extra for putting on suitable transport.

Hope this is of help .

I liked your idea and I would suggest you the same.