Reduced Dep/Price Drop

hlauburn

I've seen this topic come up many times but can't seem to get a definitive answer.

If you book the reduced deposit deal and your price drops between now and final payment, is it true you have to pay the full deposit before they'll give you the price drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Now you have the definitive answer:D

Haha...thanks!

I have a friend you ALWAYS books on reduced deposits and she says she's never had to pay a full deposit in order to get a price drop. She claims it's because she booked through Carnival directly and that they have all sorts of different promotions and terms.

I started to call Carnival but the reduced dep deal is gone now, so guess it doesn't matter...:cool:

make sure you pay the full deposit that carnival specifies.

i seen many topics on these forums complaining how their booking got canceled because they did not pay the full deposit due to price drop that was a on reduced deposit booking.

I have a friend you ALWAYS books on reduced deposits and she says she's never had to pay a full deposit in order to get a price drop. She claims it's because she booked through Carnival directly and that they have all sorts of different promotions and terms.

Your friend is definitely mistaken. When you match to another price, you are matching to all terms of that price, including the terms of the deposit. If you are matching to a price that includes the full deposit, you have to pay the full deposit. Meaning, you have to then pay the difference between the full deposit and what you have paid for a deposit so far. They update your booking to reflect the balance due and it's up to you to login and pay the balance.

make sure you pay the full deposit that carnival specifies.

i seen many topics on these forums complaining how their booking got canceled because they did not pay the full deposit due to price drop that was a on reduced deposit booking.

Because they did not pay attention to the new terms and just assumed there was no change in deposit. It has been reported here that not all people at the booking center inform the person of the deposit change. So one must not assume the lower deposit still exists or the reservation gets cancelled for non payment of the new deposit.

Haha...thanks!

:

Bad Advice! She may have matched against a rate that also had a reduced deposit, she may have slipped thru the cracks and caught a break, or she may find a cruise unexpectedly cancelled. The terms and Conditions on this are very clear. Booking direct with Carnival is irrelevant.

Ken

Edited by Ken076

I've seen this topic come up many times but can't seem to get a definitive answer.

If you book the reduced deposit deal and your price drops between now and final payment, is it true you have to pay the full deposit before they'll give you the price drop?

Since I just did this myself 2 days ago I can tell you for certain that YES if you book on a reduced deposit ES and then find a lower rate you MUST pay the difference between the deposit that you have made and the new deposit amount.

I booked on the $49 deposit special then the price dropped on the cruise and included OBC so double win for me. The down side is I had to pay the deposit to the current amount which was 50% off. So not a lot more but still had to make up the difference. Now if there is another special that gives me more benefit I will again have to pay the difference if I want to get it too.