Changes to the Ruby Princess post-drydock - with photos

Jasperdo

They must be trying numerous variations of Curtis Stone offerings in the MDR. We were on the Ruby in Late February and there were items every night, including a very popular Mac-n-cheese style dish.
Interesting. In March the Curtis Stone Mac-n-cheese dish wasn't on the menu at all. Princess seems to be shuffling his MDR offerings around trying to find the sweet spot.

How are rooms on the Lido Deck? ??
We had an inside cabin on Aloha Deck, so I can't specifically comment about Lido Deck cabins on the Ruby. But we have stayed in a Lido Deck cabin on the Golden Princess, which is a similar ship. We loved it. It's very convenient to the upper decks, the pools, hamburger grill, pizza, and the buffet. We would gladly stay on the Lido deck again.

thanks for all your postings. My husband and I will be on the Ruby in July. We also just got off the Crown this month. I wanted to let you know that when we ate at the "Salty Dog", they let us eat in the old side with the low chairs, much more comfortable. Our meal was really good and it was quite a bit of food. My husband absolutely loved the Ernesto burger. They brought us 2 appetizers, then we chose 3 items from the menu and then dessert, a lot of food!

thanks for all your postings. My husband and I will be on the Ruby in July. We also just got off the Crown this month. I wanted to let you know that when we ate at the "Salty Dog", they let us eat in the old side with the low chairs, much more comfortable. Our meal was really good and it was quite a bit of food. My husband absolutely loved the Ernesto burger. They brought us 2 appetizers, then we chose 3 items from the menu and then dessert, a lot of food!
Thanks for sharing your impression of the Salty Dog. I've heard good things about the food. I just wish Princess had incorporated it into the Wheelhouse better. I'm sure it was much more relaxing in the "comfy" chairs.

Thanks for the great pics and comments!

I think I'll pass on both SHARE and the Salty Dog. The seating in both (except for the few booths seen) looks crowded and uncomfortable, and with many hard surfaces are likely noisy as well. Not something I would be willing to pay an upcharge for. I want comfort and quiet while experiencing a nice meal. I'll stick with the MDR or the Crown Grill for now.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78
spelling

Thanks for the great pics and comments!

I think I'll pass on both SHARE and the Salty Dog. The seating in both (except for the few booths seen) looks crowded and uncomfortable, and with many hard surfaces are likely noisy as well. Not something I would be willing to pay an upcharge for. I want comfort and quiet while experiencing a nice meal. I'll stick with the MDR or the Crown Grill for now.

You're welcome. I agree about the seating. Very uncomfortable looking.

• 1 month later...
This is extremely helpful. I just booked Princess for the first time for a California Coastal cruise!!! I'm super nervous but also very excited. I found this review very helpful. How are rooms on the Lido Deck? ??

Why not start a new thread with that question?:confused:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all those photos and the info. I'll be on the Ruby in October. Forgive me asking if it was included, but I didn't see it: Wine List? Trying to figure out if it's worth corkage fees and hassle of carrying bottles to take my own wine on board (very good wines, some expensive) if choices are uninspiring on the ship.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share all those photos and the info. I'll be on the Ruby in October. Forgive me asking if it was included, but I didn't see it: Wine List? Trying to figure out if it's worth corkage fees and hassle of carrying bottles to take my own wine on board (very good wines, some expensive) if choices are uninspiring on the ship.

Here's a link to an Excel spreadsheet created by 'Steelers36' with the most recent wine list I've seen & he also compares the total onboard prices to Total Wine's non-sale prices in Florida.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=372485&d=1451797733

Edited by Astro Flyer

You're welcome. Glad you found this useful. I can't help you with your wine questions. My wife and I don't drink. But AstroFlyer provide you with an excellent link. Hopefully that will give you the answers you're looking for.

Here's a link to an Excel spreadsheet created by 'Steelers36' with the most recent wine list I've seen & he also compares the total onboard prices to Total Wine's non-sale prices in Florida.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=372485&d=1451797733

Thanks for helping out in an area that I'm not familiar with :)