Bridge of Sighs without a Tour

talentscout16

Right, as euro cruiser stated, it is not possible to actually cross the bridge inside without purchasing a ticket to visit the Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace). You don't need to purchase a ticket for the Secret Itineraries tour but you do need a ticket to visit the Palace (this entitles you to a visit but not a guided tour). Ticket price is EUR 19 and entitles you to visit the following St. Mark's Square museums: Doge’s Palace, Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nationale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nationale Marciana.

http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/pianifica-la-tua-visita/tickets/http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/home/

Edited by dogs4fun

You'll just need entrance tickets. No tour needed.

Personally, I think the view of the bridge is better from outside, on the bank on the canal. The inside is just like a corridor with bared Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by papcx

No, it is not possible. This is a passage between two buildings so you have to start inside one or the other, and the only one you can start in is the Doge's Palace.

I believe you misunderstood the question. I think that the OP is asking whether he/she has to be on a tour to cross the bridge, not whether he/she needs to purchase a ticket to enter the building.

If my interpretation is correct, then YES, you can cross the Bridge of Sighs without a tour. You just need to purchase a ticket to enter the building on your own.

Great news.

I will reserve entrance tickets now and try to cross the bridge on my own.

THanks so much

Talent

Hi Talent

The B o S is shown inside and out at around 4.28-5.15 in this, but the Doge's Palace is so stunning that you'll be pleased that you went in. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]Jh7lPFe12ao[/YOUTUBE]

You'll just need entrance tickets. No tour needed.

Personally, I think the view of the bridge is better from outside, on the bank on the canal. The inside is just like a corridor with bared Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. But Doge's Palace is still worth doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed. But Doge's Palace is still worth doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also agreed. You still have to walk the bridge of sighs so you can tell friends and family the story, but the experience itself is nothing more than a corridor.

Great info Tony. Did you take a tour? We just want to go at our own pace and see Doges and Bos without a guide. Thanks god sharing. talent

No, I just turned up at around 2.30 at the end of July and bought a ticket (from memory €16). Maybe I was lucky there was no queue. I couldn't commit to buying tickets in advance but if you know you want to go I would try and do that.

Tony

so glad you were able to get to the BOS without a guide as that is the first thing I want to do in the DP. I will have tickets for early entry, right after 7am Mass next door, but prefer not to use a guide.

Talent

I cant wait

That sounds great. The video shows the order in which visitors move through the DP, so the B o S comes at the end, or near the exit. Once inside you are the boss in terms of what you look at and in what order, but it will be more time efficient to do it conventionally rather than heading for the bridge then coming back to look at the rest of it.

In my signature below the ITALY link has 3 more Venice vids, including "next door" :) Tony