Oasis Questions

My wife and I will be on Oasis for our first cruise in 18 years (6/4-6/11/2016). We'll be bringing our two kids, son 14 and daughter 11. We're currently booked in rooms 7550 and 7552, a pair of connected balcony cabins. I'm curious if anyone has been in, or near, these rooms. Curious about view, etc.

Also, I'm looking at booking shows, etc. Is there any way to find out who the headliner is for this cruise? I'd like to find out if the headliner show is family friendly, but also if it's something my kids will enjoy.

Finally, I thought I saw that the MDR menus are changing. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? I've been using this link for the menus, but if it's going to change soon I'd like to try to find the new ones.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_EDV-ZlSFQ4UjhuREN5cXFEN1U/view

I actually have about a million questions, but will ask them over time as I look to book items, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

You can find out the headliner by sending an email to [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse], however they may not have accurate info until a few weeks before the cruise. Our experience is that the shows in the main theater are family friendly, as opposed to the comedy venue which is more adult oriented.

It may already be too late to get some advance show reservations. If you find a show you want cannot be booked in advance, go to Studio B as soon as you board where you can try to make reservations. They hold back some percentage of slots for onboard booking.

Edited by clarea

We were just down the hall in 7582 and 7584 a few weeks ago on the Allure so the view should be very similar.

7552 will have the bed by the balcony and 7550 will have the bed by the closet.

Here is a photo from our room looking out. Hammock does not come with the room.

image_zpsfga92pfy.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Here is a photo from our room looking out. Hammock does not come with the room.

image_zpsfga92pfy.jpeg

That is a great idea. How did you hold it up?

We are on the Allure on 7/24, and would like to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great idea. How did you hold it up?

We are on the Allure on 7/24, and would like to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Oasis class ships it is very easy as there is a centre support pole that you can tie off to. Freedom class ships is a bit more complicated requiring the use of C clamps to create a point that you can tie off the rope to.

image_zpsimyh1twe.jpeg