Disembarkation Question

TwitchySpider

I'm trying to schedule transport from IAH (Houston, TX) to the pier in Galveston, TX and then back again after the cruise is over.

My question is this: How do you know when you'll get off the boat in order to pre-arrange for transport? Is there some trick to this or do you just say "I need to be off at 10:30 AM," and it happens?

Secondly, according to our cruise schedule we arrive back into Galveston, TX at 7 AM. However, I scheduled our return flight at 5:30 PM so that there would be no stressful rush. Planning for travel time and check-in, we really don't need to be off the boat an on our way until 2 PM. Is there stuff to do on the boat on disembarkation day? Do they serve lunch? Is there a time you HAVE to get off by?

THANKS! Any advice is appreciated. :)

Stephanie

I'm not sure of which cruiseline you are travelling... but I'm sure you will need to be off before lunch... normally they begin disembarking after 8:00ish, when everyone has cleared immigration/customs... usually they try to have people off by 10:00 - 10:30.

On the morning of disembarkation, after breakfast the service for pax pretty well shuts down. They are just too busy getting the ship ready for the next weeks cruisers and boarding begins for them around noon. The ship wants all pax to be off by a certain time, usually by 10 am.

Your later flight is not really a problem, you can probably find an excursion for a tour of the city through the cruiseline, or even go to the Ports of Call board here to ask people what to do in your few hours there. Many of the excursions take you directly to the airport. You may even be able to rent a car and tour yourself, much better than hanging out at an airport for 8 hours.

Stephanie,

If you will be on Rhapsody of the Seas, the following debarkation tag colors and times for her 10/02/05 cruise may be helpful to you. If you are going to be on a Celebrity ship, you might want to try their Forum. And yes, on debarkation day they want you off the ship ASAP to make ready for the new passengers. Just remember how you will feel that first day of your cruise, you will want to be on there ASAP too! :)

Express - no tags - 7:00 a.m. (had to be requested by filling out a form in advance.)

Blue - 7:45 (non US guests)

Light Blue - 8:00 (physically challenged guests)

Gray - 8:10 (guests staying in Tremont/Galvez Hotels/Tours/Groups)

White - 8:10 (guests with RCI airport transfers)

Beige - 8:20 (guests with RCI airport transfers)

Pink - 8:30 (Deck 8)

Red - 8:35 (Deck 7 starboard)

Brown - 8:45 (Deck 7 port)

Yellow - 8:55 (Deck 4)

Lavender - 9:10 (Deck 3 port)

Green - 9:20 (Deck 3 starboard)

Orange - 9:25 (Deck 2 port)

Purple - 9:30 (Deck 2 starboard)

Happy trails,

Kat 50.gif

Your ship will give you an info card the second day or so of your cruise. You fill it up telling them info such as your air flight time, and whether you are using prepaid tranfers or not. You will be given a color coded luggage tag appropriate to the time you need to get to the airport.

They will want everyone off the ship by no later than 10am. They need to get the ship ready for the new passengers. And, there's nothing going on for you to do once the ship docks. The cruise line will offer a shore excursion that will take most of the morning and part of the afternoon. Once the tour is over, they will take you directly to the airport.

Archived