Pre-booking Excursion using OBC

diddy02

Can I pre-book my excursions using OBC or do I have to wait until on board? We have all four perks as we are staying in a suite and also OBC from our TA and want to use this for excursions.

I tried emailing the concierge but have had no reply a week later so thought I would ask you good folks :)

OBC can't be used until you are on board. I believe shore excursions that are reserved before you get onboard must be paid for at the time of booking, whether by phone, or online with a credit card.

If you wait to book excursions until you arrive on the ship, your OBC could pay for it.

We had onboard credit given by our travel agent and then the NCL excursion credit. I couldn't figure out how to apply the excursion credit when I was trying to book online.

We called our travel agent who booked the excursion. When we boarded, the cost of the excursion just showed up in our account. Didn't have to prepay. On the last night of the cruise, the $50 excursion credit showed up in the account.

We used to book our shore excursions online, without paying, and they would show up in our cabin and on our onboard account. Lately we've had to pay with a credit card when booking.

Our next cruise has the $50 per port excursion credit. It gives us a number to call to pre-book these, no doubt a credit card will be required.

We had onboard credit given by our travel agent and then the NCL excursion credit. I couldn't figure out how to apply the excursion credit when I was trying to book online.

We called our travel agent who booked the excursion. When we boarded, the cost of the excursion just showed up in our account. Didn't have to prepay. On the last night of the cruise, the $50 excursion credit showed up in the account.

You're right. I forgot about booking with the excursion credit. When I booked our excursions with the Shorex credit, I called and did not have to pre-pay.

If OP has the Shorex credit, they should be be able to call and book their excursions, avoid pre-paying, and have their OBC cover the cost once on board.

Can I pre-book my excursions using OBC or do I have to wait until on board? We have all four perks as we are staying in a suite and also OBC from our TA and want to use this for excursions.

I tried emailing the concierge but have had no reply a week later so thought I would ask you good folks :)

Yes - call the excursion number and you will not be charged until on board. The shore excursion credit will be subtracted from total due.

We have done this twice.

Edited by DrNora

Yes - call the excursion number and you will not be charged until on board. The shore excursion credit will be subtracted from total due.

We have done this twice.

We booked an excursion that might fill up early.

(We usually take private excursions, but in this case, as with a few others on various lines, there's a reason to do it with the cruise line.)

So we "charged it".

I then mentioned it to our wonderful PCC about the OBC, who said, no problem, would you prefer to use your OBC?

Well... yes!

So he called <someone at NCL> and had our charge card refunded, and the cost will be waiting for us to pay...

(The OBC wasn't quite enough to cover the full amount of the $$$$$ excursion. But it's Alaska :) and who knows if we'll get back.)

He's fantastic, and given some reports we hear here, we feel very fortunate to have him.