Carnival Pride

This line is a joke anymore. Third cruise with them and problems all 3 times. Then offer $25 a person with 20% off future cruise with many restrictions when to use. Read the fine print of you received an email

This line is a joke anymore. Third cruise with them and problems all 3 times. Then offer $25 a person with 20% off future cruise with many restrictions when to use. Read the fine print of you received an email

Do you have a flight out of BWI today?

I've been on 7 CCL cruises and never any issues...knock on wood (since #8 is coming up)...been on the Pride twice even. Sad she's having issues. I am 15 minutes away from her port and we are having extreme wind issues here that will hopefully die down soon or not impact the Pride's efforts to get into port.

This is my 15thn Carnival cruise and have never had a problem, maybe have just been lucky. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us, waiting for that update after 11 AM!

Edited by bhanback

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-78/centery:38/zoom:8

Passing Tangier Island, doing 15.4 knots.

She's had propulsion issues for years. It even showed on the engine-monitoring screen when we did the Behind the Fun Tour in 2014 that something wasn't right (I can't remember specifically what we saw now, but it was obvious at the time, even to us laypeople). When we asked about it, the engineer gave us a non-answer and tried to distract our attention with something else. We let it go.

It has been very windy all night here on the Shore, and still is.

Edited: She's doing 15.7 knots now, so has been slowly picking up speed over the last couple hours.

Edited by ShakyBeef

I'm guessing that the WINDS we have had since last night aren't helping! (The remark regarding the spelling was totally unnecessary. People know what the OP meant).

Whose remark was unnecessary? Are you referring to mine:

"CM1984, the OP meant propulsion problems, not proposition problems. I assume it was an autocorrect-typo issue." ?

I was trying to be helpful to someone who certainly seemed to not know what the OP meant:

I know this is so frustrating for you upcoming cruisers. I don't know what a proposition problem is? Fill us in please. :(

Will be thinking about all of you on this day of not knowing and waiting. Hope you will be enjoying the cruise ASAP! :cool:

Unless you mean that CM1984 was being sarcastic and making a remark about the spelling? I didn't read sarcasm in CM1984's post and took (him?) at his word and explained. So what remark, pray tell, was "totally unnecessary"? The only one I notice being snarky here is you, so far.:rolleyes:

Wind has to be an issue too. The wind speed a few hours ago at Patuxent River MD was 41 mph. We live on a creek off the Chesapeake and we have white caps on the creek, not a normal occurrence.

CM1984, the OP meant propulsion problems, not proposition problems. I assume it was an autocorrect-typo issue.

Marinetraffic has Pride still in the Virginia part of the Bay, just north of Eastville, still south of Exmore!:eek: She must be limping along very slowly.

The Pride is currently doing 15.6 kts (18 mph) that's not full speed, but far from limping.

The Pride is currently doing 15.6 kts (18 mph) that's not full speed, but far from limping.

Right, if you read further you'll see that she was going slower than that and has sped up. She was doing 14 or so when I made that comment, then I and other noticed her speed increased.

Edited: Actually, looking back at what speed she was doing just before I made that comment, she was limping along between 10 and 11 knots. She has sped up since then, but when I said she was limping slowly, she was, indeed, going very slowly. ;) Why did you quote a comment of mine from 9:05 AM to argue what speed she is "currently" doing at 12:28PM?

Edited by ShakyBeef

Here is the link I'm using.

http://www.cruisemapper.com/Carnival-Pride-location?imo=9223954

From a family member on board, I wouldn't read much into the speed as it's basically under tow being helped by tug boats. They are talking about 7pm arrival now.

Respectfully I would not take a lot of stock in the cruise mapper. There are much more accurate ship trackers out there. And they state Pride is under power using the engine(s). If there were tugs associated with her, you would see them. Just saying.

I wonder if this has any relation to the "aft-twerking" issue the Pride has had for several years now.

I would think the chances are pretty good that it is related.

Just heard they are getting a 50% refund on current cruise and 50% discount on a future cruise. Missing Half Moon Cay.

That sounds reasonable. Although it would be a terrible disappointment to miss HMC, I think 50% off this cruise plus 50% off a future cruise sounds pretty fair.

I came for an update, but staying for the immature bickering... Classic CC fashion[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Welcome! Although you can't tell from this thread, 99% of the "experts" here think I am a troll. :) Enjoy your stay and hopefully like you hope a speedy recovery and sailing for the Pride. :)

So now it's a 7-day just to Nassau and Freeport? Better off just cancelling the cruise and fixing the issue????

speak for yourself because i sure as heck don't want them cancelling the cruise! we have vacation time put in and our dog being taken care of. maybe your next cruise will have an issue and they'd be better off just cancelling it...

When they give you an XX% off of a future cruise, can you combine that with sales or other discounts?

Or is it basically a percentage off of list price?

I had a % off cruise due to a Hurricane Sandy cancellation once and it was the percentage off the cruise fare I chose to book. It's not off Fun Select (list price IMO) unless you choose that option.